Technical Lighting Artist
- Madison, WI
Job Title:Technical Lighting Artist
Job Description:Your Platform
Founded in 1990, Raven Software is the developer of numerous award-winning games including Hexen , Star Wars Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast , Marvel: Ultimate Alliance and most recently, a major contributor to the blockbuster Call of Duty ® franchise. We're based in Middleton, Wisconsin, a suburb of Madison, annually ranked on numerous lists as one of the top places to live and work.
We have a unique vision for our industry. One that has and continues to inspire us. We bring no egos. We focus on what is best for the game. We hire stunning peers. We own our own mistakes. We treat each other with respect. After nearly 30 years, Raven Software is still thriving. We developed a team who cares about one another, our games and our players. As we enter the next exciting chapter of our story, we are growing. Our team is creative, highly intelligent, well-led and equipped to face this exciting future. If you want to work with a world-class team, on exciting new projects, then apply today! We look forward to hearing from you.
Raven Software is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us atwww.ravensoftware.com, on Facebook atwww.facebook.com/ravensoftware, and @RavenSoftware on Twitter.
As a Technical Lighting Artist you will play a crucial role in art pipeline and tools development to further expand and empower our world-class Art department's capabilities. You will be a steadfast champion of high-quality visuals and intuitive tools. As the essential glue between our lighting and engineering teams, you will actively promote communication, collaboration, and awareness that result in win-win scenarios. You will work alongside some of the most experience lighting artists, tech artists, and rendering engineers in the industry on a daily basis to identify, investigate and overcome any technical challenges that limit our creative vision and goals. This is a full time temporary position.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Share your deep passion for technical graphics knowledge and your drive to improve and expand upon lighting tools.
- Implement pipeline feature requirements from lighting, design, and technical teams
- Operate in proprietary scripting code and tools to standardize complex light behaviors
- Maintain, improve, and document existing lighting tools and pipeline
- Detect, report, and monitor rendering issues (e.g. bug submissions, tracking status, pending integrations, game performance and memory usage, etc.)
- Create example maps for testing, educational and corrective purposes
- Contribute innovative and original ideas towards all aspects of game production and development
- Shipped at least one console title as a Technical Lighting Artist or Graphics engineer
- In depth knowledge of real time physically based rendering theory and material authoring
- Experience with Python or C#
- Experience with color grading (CLUTs/ToneMapping) and shader development
- Curious, proactive, self-motivated, decisive and demonstrates pragmatic problem-solving skills
- Demonstrates a service and support mindset when translating requests into robust, accurate, and user-friendly tools.
- Excellent understanding of color and color theory, space, material and light in relation to their application in games
- Demonstrates an understanding HDR and SDR pipelines
- Experience with Qt for Python
- In depth understanding of photography principles
- Knowledge of the Call of Duty franchise.
- Possesses a strong understanding of the FPS gameplay including knowledge of the best-in-class games in the genre.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for 'Every World' - we've got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Raven Software is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Back to top