Technical Director - Sledgehammer Games
Job Title:Technical Director - Sledgehammer Games
Job Description:Sledgehammer Games is seeking a new project Technical Director This position involves working with artists, game programmers, and designers in leading the engineering efforts for our next project. You will have a passion for attention to detail and has a broad interest in chipping into diverse areas of development including visuals, iteration times, code quality, performance, and reliability.
- Lead our engineering team by example and in pursuit of excellence.
- Design, write, debug and refine online systems, features, tools and infrastructure.
- Provides technical insight regarding online design and feature sets.
- Work with designers and other online engineers to prototype, develop, and refine features.
- 10+ years programming experience.
- Experience leading high-performing engineering teams
- Demonstrated proficiency in and knowledge of C/C++, data structures, performance, and multi-threaded programming techniques.
- Contributed extensively to the online development of two or more shipped games, PC or console.
- Knowledge of common data structures and algorithmic solutions.
- Expert in network protocols.
- Expert of client/server and peer-to-peer architecture.
- Thorough knowledge of software design practices including modular architecture, event-driven architecture, software design patterns and object-oriented design.
- Ability to quickly understand and work with internal and externally developed code.
- University-level degree in Computer Science or related field.
- A strong passion for video games and the online experience.
- Experience with computer game technologies including: AI programming, physics, 3D programming, animation, collision detection.
- Working knowledge of 3D Math.
- Demonstrated ability to write clean, readable, portable, reliable, and optimized code.
Located in the San Francisco Bay Area, we're the video game development team behind Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare and Call of Duty: WWII. Since our founding in 2009, making AAA games has been our greatest passion. The strength of our teams makes us not only excellent at what we do, but at how we do it. We firmly believe in supporting our talented employees to be the best they can be, whether they are artists, engineers, producers, or designers. Here at Sledgehammer Games, everyone is a gamemaker. We're a Call of Duty studio that prides itself on innovation and taking risks, which is one of the most rewarding aspects of game development. With world-class audio, design, engineering, and art teams, we've been able to achieve some of the highest-quality game execution of any studio in the industry. We love what we do and work hard to make sure that each new game we make is even better than the last. Creativity is key, and we're looking for all-new talent and game developers for our exciting next project.
Back to top