Technical Director, Rendering
- Los Angeles, CA
Job Title:Technical Director, Rendering
Job Description:Job Title: Technical Director, Rendering
Reporting To: Vice President, Central Tech
Department: Central Tech
Location: Sherman Oaks, CA; Playa Vista, CA; Portland, ME
Activision is seeking a Technical Director, Rendering, to join the Activision Central Technology group. This is a unique position that will see you working aside some of the most forward-looking rendering technologists in the industry in order to advance the state of the art for rendering in games.
As part of the Central Technology group you will work in both a research & development as well as an implementation capacity, assisting the studio teams (Infinity Ward, Treyarch, etc.) in realizing their goals of implementing state of the art rendering approaches in their titles. You will also have the opportunity to work across business units, interacting with senior talent from both Blizzard and King.
Your work will emphasize new and novel approaches that can be shared amongst the studio teams, but always within a context that delivers technology that solves real problems for those teams rather than novelty for its own sake. You will be expected to embed with the teams while working on these projects, but also do your work in such a way that it can be easily transported in order to maximize impact across the organization.
You will be expected to present findings internally to your peers, and where appropriate will also publish your work publicly in journals and other industry forums.
- Stay abreast of published findings in the academic and professional research communities. Participate in conference and symposium proceedings.
- Research, design, and implement new approaches to solving difficult problems in systems programming and real-time computer graphics.
- Work closely with our other rendering engineers, technical artists, art directors, and platform specialists to maximize quality while minimizing run-time cost.
- Combine cutting-edge technique with ruthless efficiency by learning the specific operation of our hardware platform targets.
- Help to educate staff, mentoring and providing expert guidance and leadership in the field.
- Mathematical background appropriate for this work.
- Extensive knowledge of the state of the art in real-time computer graphics.
- Experience with reviewing and implementing published research findings.
- History of working with real-time performance constraints.
- An ability to operate within a large, constantly-evolving C++ codebase.
- Familiarity with modern real-time rendering APIs, both shader language and draw submission.
- Bachelor's of Science in Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience. An advanced degree is a plus but not required.
Great Games Start with Great People! This is an exciting time to join us!
Activision has been changing the way people play for the past 40 years-as the leading developer and publisher of video games, our teams have created some of the world's biggest, most ground-breaking, and beloved entertainment franchises in the industry. Ask anyone who works at Activision what their favorite thing about it is, and they'll tell you it's the people. We have world class brands, infrastructure, and resources, but our success comes from people producing greatness together. We are nothing without our employee's brilliance.
Activision is more than just the leading developer and publisher of video games; we are the creators of some of the world's biggest, most ground-breaking titles in the industry. Our current portfolio includes Call of Duty®, Skylanders®, and Crash Bandicoot™.
Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ: ATVI), headquartered in Santa Monica, California with locations across the globe, is one of the largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies in the world. Sitting at the intersection of media, technology, and entertainment, our employees are some of the best and brightest across engineering, entertainment, media, and technology. A member of the S&P 500 Activision Blizzard is proud to be included as one of FORTUNE's "100 Best Companies To Work For®," "World's Best Employers," as well as "Most Admired Companies." In 2019 we were honored to receive a perfect score on our entry to the Corporate Equality Index as a Best
Workplace for LGBTQ professionals and once again made Fast Company's World's Most Innovative Companies in Gaming.
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Back to top