Technical Director, Mobile
Job Title:Technical Director, Mobile
Job Description:Job Title:Technical Director, Mobile
Reporting To: Senior Director, Production
Department: Activision Publishing, Mobile
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Activision Publishing is currently looking for a Technical Director to join the Mobile Team. We are looking for an individual who has a passion and proven track record for leading and launching great games.
As the Technical Director of AP's Mobile Team, you will help guide the technical foundation of our mobile initiative and manage the technical roadmaps across multiple projects. In partnering with both internal and external studios, your goals will be to manage the technical development from concept to release and deliver great high-quality games that achieve franchise initiatives, as well as attain their financial and schedule goals on time.
You will be part of the leadership team partnering with the VP of Production & Product and work in conjunction with multiple cross-functional groups, ranging from Activision executive leadership and development studios. You will use your experience to improve the technical foundation of mobile, assess emerging technologies and manage the integration/creation of various SDKs, as well as drive key franchise initiatives with both developers and internal department leads.
- Defining 3-Year Technical Roadmaps for all technology within Activision Publishing's Mobile team
- Providing technical guidance from a Mobile perspective throughout the organization
- Auditing the technical quality of emerging technologies and integrations
- Auditing the technical quality of all major project milestones
- Defining Configuration Management, Automation and Operational strategies in partnership with central teams
- Identifying and mitigating all technical risks for the Mobile team
Battle Tested Leader
- 7+ years leadership experience in the AAA, casual or mobile gaming industry
- Minimum 2 full project cycles of experience managing at a Technical Director capacity, running a large franchise project in the gaming industry
- Experience with defining and leading platform initiatives
- Extensive experience with a breadth of programming languages and tools
- Constantly innovate how to improve product quality as well as group productivity
- Ability to identify risks early and often and suggest mitigation strategies that are thought through and consider multiple paths to a solution
- Exceptional communication and leadership skills
- Strong influencing skills
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent-masters preferred
- Passion for making video games
- You speak other languages; specifically, the languages of marketing, PR, sales, QA, CS, Localizations, Tech, AV, CRM, etc. Leading the Technical aspects of the game is only part of the job, you'll need to collaborate with all kinds of diverse groups and people
- Experience effectively collaborating with internal teams and development studios within the video game industry. You will only be as successful as your relationship with the development teams allows you
Strategist with the Skills to Execute
- High Technical acumen
- Business owner/operator mindset
- Never afraid to roll up your sleeves to get the job done
- Facilitator who clear roadblocks in front of your team or the development team
Organizer and Problem Solver
- There are always many balls in the air - JUGGLE THEM ALL
- Can you take what looks to be impossible and make it possible through ingenuity, creativity and any other means necessary to get the job done?
We're headquartered in Santa Monica, California, housing multiple teams across many disciplines of Marketing, PR, Sales, Supply Chain and other corporate functions such as HR, IT, Legal, Facilities and Finance. Santa Monica is the nerve center of our company, where the best ideas combine with unrivalled rigor to create the biggest and best entertainment experiences in the world.
Great Games Start with Great People! This is an exciting time to join us!
Activision has been changing the way people play for the past 40 years-as the leading developer and publisher of video games, our teams have created some of the world's biggest, most ground-breaking, and beloved entertainment franchises in the industry. Ask anyone who works at Activision what their favorite thing about it is, and they'll tell you it's the people. We have world class brands, infrastructure, and resources, but our success comes from people producing greatness together. We are nothing without our employee's brilliance.
Activision is more than just the leading developer and publisher of video games; we are the creators of some of the world's biggest, most ground-breaking titles in the industry. Our current portfolio includes Call of Duty®, Skylanders®, and Crash Bandicoot™.
Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ: ATVI), headquartered in Santa Monica, California with locations across the globe, is one of the largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies in the world. Sitting at the intersection of media, technology, and entertainment, our employees are some of the best and brightest across engineering, entertainment, media, and technology. A member of the S&P 500 Activision Blizzard is proud to be included as one of FORTUNE's "100 Best Companies To Work For®," "World's Best Employers," as well as "Most Admired Companies." In 2019 we were honored to receive a perfect score on our entry to the Corporate Equality Index as a Best Workplace for LGBTQ professionals and once again made Fast Company's World's Most Innovative Companies in Gaming.
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Meet Some of Activision's Employees
Evan B.Motion Capture Producer
Evan delivers high quality body motion capture, face capture, audio, and character likeness assets that allow artists and animators to create lifelike graphics across all of Activision’s beloved franchises.
Back to top