Technical Designer - Treyarch
- Santa Monica, CA
Job Title:Technical Designer - Treyarch
Job Description:Your Mission
As a Technical Designer you will be working closely with our Design team, Engineering team, and all other departments to develop systems, tools, and game content. A Technical Designer should be excellent at rapidly prototyping ideas and capable of turning a design specification from paper into a high quality, shippable game system. You should be able to quickly familiarize yourself with an existing script base and be able to harness and improve on it to provide support to other designers and content creators to bring our games to life within a collaborative environment. A successful Technical Designer will also have a strong design sense and an ability to create compelling content that millions of fans are going to love.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Use our scripting language to implement robust, performant, and fun game systems.
- Work with other designers and almost all other disciplines to collaborate daily on systems and content.
- Document systems, define best practices, and communicate technical information to the rest of the team.
- Minimum 2 years' professional experience in a Gameplay Engineering, Technical Design, or similar position
- Shipped 1+ game titles
- A passion for games
- Game knowledge and an understanding of the design principles behind games
- Able to collaborate with other engineers and designers
- Ability to work well in a fluid, changing environment as creative challenges evolve
- B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- Expertise and passion in one or more of the following areas: AI, Animation, General Gameplay, Tools
- Experience working on networked Cooperative or Competitive Multi-player game experiences
- Understanding of 3D Game Math (e.g. vectors)
- Previously shipped AAA titles
- Experience with our map building tools (Radiant), or our game scripting language (GSC).
- Proficient in C/C++
Founded in 1996, Treyarch is an award-winning videogame studio, driven to create awesome games for the world to enjoy. It is an approach that has helped make the studio behind the Black Ops series an industry-leading developer. Call of Duty®: Black Ops , Call of Duty®: Black Ops II , Call of Duty®: Black Ops III , Call of Duty®: Black Ops 4, and the studio's most recent release, Call of Duty®: Black Ops Cold War , have all gone on to break industry records . Additionally, Treyarch is the birthplace of fan favorite, Call of Duty 's Zombies.
Working at Treyarch means having the opportunity to work on some of the biggest videogames in the industry, all within a culture that values individual talent and the teams that bring games to life. We provide our teams with the cutting-edge development tools needed to make their most ambitious plans a reality, allowing for rapid iteration and the ability to create the kinds of memorable gameplay moments that are ultimately shared by millions of fans around the world. We also embrace challenges, knowing that together, we can overcome anything...and hopefully inspire a few new game developers along the way.
Treyarch is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us atwww.treyarch.com, on Facebook atwww.facebook.com/treyarch, and @treyarch on Twitter.
Back to top