Job Title:Systems Designer-Treyarch
Job Description:Job Description:
Treyarch is searching for the next design member of its Global Systems Team. The Global Systems Team is responsible for the design of expansive game-wide systems that provide fun and engagement for the entire life cycle of our games. Digging into our history, this group is responsible for player progression, player identity & personalization, competitive league play, best play & theater mode, challenges/contracts to name a few. This has additionally included the challenge of tying these systems together across a game that includes a mix of PVP and PVE modes that cater to a variety of casual, hardcore and competitive audiences.
As a System Designer at Treyarch you will collaborate with development teammates from all disciplines to bring gameplay, social and meta systems to reality. Starting from high-level design direction, you'll work with other System Designers and Design Leads to create and refine a series of designs. With other team members, you'll prototype the system to identify and solve design problems. Once the system moves into production you will own the feature from start to finish being responsible for implementation details, tuning and fun factor.
What you'll be doing:
- Creating Design Documentation that clearly communicates the requirements and vision for game systems.
- Pitching system concepts, designs and full proposals to Development Team Leadership
- Working with other disciplines to develop prototypes of game systems
- Working with cross-disciplinary teams to execute final versions of game systems
- Reviewing work at various stages of implementation to ensure the execution matches the vision, goals and quality requirements
- Identifying solutions for problems found during internal playtesting and user-testing that won't negatively impact other systems or mechanics.
- Analyzing analytics data, player feedback and development team feedback to update, tune and improve the player experience
The skills/experience you'll need:
- The ability to navigate in a team environment be self-motivated, and egoless
- Excellent communications skills, written and verbal
- Skills to communicate complex ideas in easily digestible ways
- The ability to identify and resolve conflicts with other disciplines in a way that best meets the design goals of the project
- Data analysis skills plot how players are using our game.
- The ability to tune gameplay/systemic content using feedback from a variety of sources to be both competitive and balanced
And you'll really get our attention if you have:
- Absolute passion for playing and making video games
- Formal training in any classic process for Product, System or Communication Design
- 2+ Shipped commercial titles as a System Designer
- Experience designing systems on AAA 1st Person Shooter games
- Experience building compelling competitive or social systems that keep players engaged
- Experience designing UI to support game systems
- Experience using Illustrator to communicate ideas
- A portfolio that demonstrates understanding of UX/IA design experience
- Understanding of information architecture principals as a way to define game systems
- Experience designing Data Analytics and Game Instrumentation
- Experience developing on multiple platforms: console, PC and/or mobile
- A broad generalist background with experience in multiple genres of games and media
Treyarch is an award-winning video game studio, driven by the desire to create epic gameplay experiences that are enjoyed by as many video game fans as possible. It is an approach that has helped make the studio behind the Call of Duty: Black Ops series an industry-leading developer. Call of Duty®: Black Ops, Call of Duty®: Black Ops II, Call of Duty®: Black Ops III, and the studio's most recent release, Call of Duty®: Black Ops 4, have all gone on to break industry records. Additionally, Treyarch is the birthplace of fan favorite, Call of Duty's Zombies.
Treyarch is wholly owned by Activision Publishing, Inc.To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.treyarch.com, on Facebook at www.facebook.com/treyarch, and @treyarch on Twitter.
Back to top