Systems Administrator-Vicarious Visions
- Albany, NY
Job Title:Systems Administrator-Vicarious Visions
Job Description:Your Platform
Founded in 1991, Vicarious Visions has made hundreds of games, in every genre, on every conceivable game platform in the known universe. We are a studio that is built to last. Our philosophy of combining cutting-edge tech with creative innovation is evidenced in all of our products. We've worked on some of the most successful game franchises, including Skylanders ®, Guitar Hero ™, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance , Crash Bandicoot ™, Spider-Man ™ and Tony Hawk ™. Our studio is located in beautiful upstate New York, only a couple of hours from NYC with access to all the Northeast has to offer.
We thrive on a culture of collaboration, respect and fun. We have built a welcoming and relaxed workplace that invites creativity and encourages individual voices. We not only give our developers a safe and warm place to incubate and grow their ideas, but also the tools and support necessary to turn those ideas into impactful and memorable experiences.
Vicarious Visions is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us atwww.vvisions.com and @VvisionsStudio on Twitter.
As a Systems Administrator, you will need to be adept at providing a quick analysis of problems that leads to quick solutions. Our environment moves from proof of concept to production in the blink of an eye. The ability to pivot quickly in the systems and services we provide is an absolute must. This position is a key role providing the infrastructure responsible for bringing our games to market.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Manage storage servers including Windows Unified Storage Server, Linux NFS and ISCSI.
- Leverage virtualization platforms including XenServer, Proxmox and VMWare.
- Provision VM's for both Windows and Linux environments.
- Maintain system health and performance using tools such as BigFix and Puppet.
- Administer software services from the Atlassian Suite.
- Troubleshoot server, service and network performance issues.
- Network and host monitoring through Nagios, OpenNMS, LibreNMS, etc.
- Remediate vulnerabilities based on Insight scans.
- Ensure critical backups are maintained and tested.
- Provide after-hours maintenance and support as needed.
- Collaborate with other studios and corporate IT personnel.
- Harden servers and services using CIS Benchmarks.
- Create, review and maintain process and policy documents.
- Demonstrated strong customer service abilities
- Comprehensive knowledge of *NIX services including the LAMP stack
- Network and service monitoring experience
- Familiarity with DBA concepts (MySQL)
- Experience with network backup systems
- Knowledge of Perforce SCM preferred
- Experience with scripting (bash, python, perl, PowerShell)
- Comprehensive knowledge of server hardware
- Ability to work both independently and as a strong team contributor.
- Minimum of 2-year IT related degree and 5 years' experience administering Linux and Windows in a mid-size IT Operation (approximately 200 users)
- CentOS/Red Hat and Windows Server certifications
- CompTIA Linux+, Security+, Server+, Network+ or other similar industry recognized certifications.
- Familiarity with CIS, PCI DSS, ISO 27001 or NIST Frameworks
- 4 Year IT related degree.
- Knowledge of OSX systems and services. MDM and configuration management.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for 'Every World' - we've got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Vicarious Visions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Back to top