Studio Environment Artist
- Madison, WI
Job Title:Studio Environment Artist
Job Description: RAVEN SOFTWARE, developer of numerous award-winning games, including contributions to the blockbuster Call of Duty franchise is seeking a passionate Studio Environment Artist to join our art team.
Studio Artists are responsible for setting the bar for visual and production quality while fostering a fun and productive environment for coworkers. This is an excellent opportunity to work and learn from a group of talented and proven developers who are passionate about making games.
- Craft compelling visual narratives that reinforce and enhance the game's setting, story, and gameplay elements
- Build (set dress, edit, optimize) realistic detailed 3d environments from photo reference and concept.
- Communicate and collaborate effectively with the development team.
- Quickly learn and adapt to new tools, processes, and pipelines.
- Assist in troubleshooting artistic and technical issues.
- Create 3d models (structures, terrain, props) from photo reference and concept.
- Support 3d asset outsource process (gathering reference, creating proxy 3d models)
- Ensure that artists are striving to complete highest priority assignments.
- Work with Production to ensure time estimates are accurate and achievable.
- Collaborate with artists on team to ensure project goals are met.
- Proven ability to setup and define pipelines, processes, and best practices.
- Sets up discipline specific art training and tests for candidates being considered and artists on the team.
- Solid portfolio demonstrating focus and commitment to 3d environment creation.
- A minimum of 5 years developing art for games
- Friendly, helpful, and collaborative in a team based environment.
- Demonstrated modeling skill and experience in a major 3d package.
- Demonstrated ability to create and edit textures in Photoshop.
- Basic understanding of lighting and shader creation.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
- Awareness of game engine budgets, limits, and memory constraints.
- Basic ability to communicate visually utilizing traditional media.
- Ability to consistently resolve issues from a visual, production, and technical perspective.
In order to be considered for this position, you must submit a portfolio
Located in Madison, Wisconsin, RAVEN SOFTWARE offers an upscale work environment with state-of-the-art workstations, competitive compensation, a fun, collaborative environment, affordable living and an exceptional quality of life.
Back to top