SRE - Pipelines
- Vancouver, Canada
Job Title:SRE - Pipelines
Job Description:Pipes SRE Job Spec VAN
Demonware is an independently-run part of Activision Blizzard. We run every part of the players' online experience, from logging in to matchmaking to climbing the leaderboards, for popular video game franchises such as Call of Duty, Crash Bandicoot and Skylanders.
Our team is looking for an Operations Engineer to help manage the volumes of data we receive from millions of game clients. This is a core part of solving challenges surrounding Activision's growing use of data and data-driven services. The position is for someone with a strong operations background to help on core parts of the pipeline, Elastic Stack clusters in multiple datacenters, and future GCP automation.
High-throughput, reliability, scalability, and low latency are the key issues for this team. The product we provide is a telemetry and data backbone for Activision's online video games. Millions of clients ingest data into our APIs, we write it locally in various data centers and we aggregate all of them together for presentation and consumption by multiple teams within Demonware and customers within Activision.
That sounds amazing, but what kind of impact can I make?
This position offers the opportunity to work as part of a cross functional team of operations and developers. As an ops engineer on the team, you will be bringing technical expertise and help senior engineers on daily operations as well as helping building Demonware services using the industry's best technologies.
Awesome, what will my "day-to-day" look like?
- Work on a development and operations team in maintaining our logs and metrics stack
- Improve automation, use open source or available tech that solves our problems
- Ensure service quality and performance. Well documented and stable in production
- Participate in an On-call support rotation for the team
What's in it for me?
Relocation Support, 25 days of vacation and 3 bonus days in December, Pension and top-tier medical, dental and life insurance coverage for you and your dependents.
To read more: https://demonware.net/careers
What would you like to see in my background?
- Experience operating and deploying our Elastic stack.
- Experience with configuration management systems, e.g. Puppet, Ansible
- Experience in automating operational tasks through development and writing code
- Experience in a monitoring and metrics systems, e.g. Nagios, Graphite, Grafana, Datadog
- Solid understanding of fundamental technologies, e.g. TCP/IP, Linux/Unix internals
- Minimum 5 years relevant work experience, including in a high-volume or critical production service environment
- Expert-level GCP or AWS experience: building, deploying, and managing production applications
- Understanding of databases, time series
Back to top