Sr. Systems Engineer
- Sherman Oaks, CA
Job Title:Sr. Systems Engineer
Job Description: Job Title: Sr. Systems Engineer
Reporting to: Assoc. Director, Infrastructure
Location: Sherman Oaks, CA
Activision Central Tech works to support our development studios and their titles. Comprising seven main teams, we have many specialties including big data, privacy and security, motion capture and animation pipeline technologies, graphics, build and infrastructure for studio development and data centers, optimization, systems programming and online services including matchmaking and networking. Central Tech is distributed globally with offices across the U.S., and in Canada, England, Ireland and Japan.
Most of our teams are composed of both engineering and research talent, allowing us to always have an eye on the future. Our talented engineers help with title development and provide valuable knowledge sharing between studios while our researchers are action-oriented and keep a strong connection with the needs of the game studios.
Central Tech is part of Activision. To learn more about us and our research, please visit us at https://research.activision.com/.
The Activision Infrastructure team is looking for an experienced Systems Engineer to join the team in our office in Sherman Oaks, California. This team supports a variety of cloud and on-premises workloads and you will be instrumental in setting standards on key technologies. You will help drive both performance and cost efficiencies within Amazon Web Services, Google Cloud Platform, and private cloud infrastructure.
We help lead innovations around build pipelines, infrastructure automation, and high performance storage in partnership with multiple internal teams and game studios.
- Support on-premises data center infrastructure
- Partner with development teams to execute on-premises to cloud migrations
- Drive IaC and automation projects to produce scalable and repeatable infrastructure
- Guide storage, cloud and build pipeline standards and requirements
- Troubleshoot issues with physical servers, vm's, storage, and cloud services
- Actively contribute to documentation repositories
- Design custom tools and scripts as necessary
- Participate in an on-call support rotation
- Demonstrated ability designing and delivering large-scale projects
- Experience managing reproducible infrastructure e.g. Infrastructure as Code
- Experience managing file, block, and object storage architectures
- Container experience (container build pipelines, troubleshooting, and architecture)
- Basic networking (routes, security groups, firewall rules)
- Experience in version control and managing CI build pipelines (Git & Perforce preferred)
- Experience with database technologies (SQL, NoSQL, memory cache)
- Experience in monitoring/metrics systems
- Excellent communication skills
- Expertise in both Windows and Linux
- 2+ yrs Cloud Computing Experience (AWS, GCP, or Azure)
- 5+ yrs of Systems Engineering experience or equivalent
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for 'Every World' - we've got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Back to top