Sr. Software Engineer (Tools)
- Madison, WI
Job Title:Sr. Software Engineer (Tools)
Job Description: RAVEN SOFTWARE, developer of numerous award-winning games, including contributions to the blockbuster Call of Duty franchise is seeking a passionate Senior Tools Engineer to join our high-caliber team.
- Build and maintain production quality code for our tools
- Diagnose and fix issues/bottlenecks in existing tools
- Honing Studio services such as; Continuous integration, Automated Testing, Distribution and Caching systems
- Coordinate feature sets, roadmaps, and technical requirements provided by stakeholders to implement high quality software to facilitate the creative process
- Continuously learn and collaborate with cross-disciplinary team members
- Reports to Lead Software Engineer
- Bachelor's degree in Computer science, or equivalent work experience
- 5+ years of experience in media-pipeline tools development (game tools, DCC tools, movie tools)
- Team motivated with a good work ethic and desire to keep improving
- Proficiency with C/C++ and computer architecture knowledge
- Experience using Python, Perl or other scripting languages
- Ability to quickly understand and work with internally and externally developed code
- Grasp of fundamentals of 3D math
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated, focused, passionate, results-oriented
- Passion for games
Nice to Have Skills:
- Experience with C#
- Experience with DevOps toolsets.
- o Puppet, Jenkins, RunDeck, etc..
- Strong source control skills
- o Perforce, Git, etc..
- Previous console tool experience.
- Familiarity with DCC tools (3DS Max, Maya, etc..)
- Passion for usability and user interface design; with knowledge of practical UI design principles.
We have a unique vision for our studio. One that continues to inspire us today. We bring no egos. We focus on what is best for the game. We hire stunning peers. We own our own mistakes. We treat each other with respect.
After nearly 30 years, Raven Software continues to thrive. We have developed a team that cares about one another, our games, and our players. As we enter the exciting next chapter of our story, we are growing. Our team is creative, highly intelligent, well-led, and equipped to face this exciting future.
We are Animators, Artists, Designers, Engineers, QA Testers, and much more, but above all else we are a team who believes in ourselves, our peers, our studio, and our games.
Back to top