Sr. Software Engineer (Gameplay)
- Madison, WI
Job Title:Sr. Software Engineer (Gameplay)
Job Description:RAVEN SOFTWARE, developer of numerous award-winning games, including contributions to the blockbuster Call of Duty franchise, is seeking a passionate Senior Software Engineer to join our high-caliber team. We are actively recruiting engineering talent to work on the gameplay systems in the upcoming Call of Duty titles. This is a great opportunity to be part of a passionate team that defines and shapes our player's gameplay experience.
- Contribute to the design of our gameplay systems
- Develop, modify, and debug gameplay software in script and C/C++
- Deploy, optimize and test gameplay software on PC and console platforms
- Collaborate with other internal departments (art, design, audio, QA, etc.)
- Document software and features for internal and external teams
- Participate in the code review process
- Bachelor's degree in a Computer Science, Engineering, or Math related field
- Shipped at least one game title
- 5+ years of experience working in the game industry or related field
- Proven ability to collaborate, coordinate, communicate and support other team members
- Comprehensive understanding of object-oriented programming
- Creative, motivated, focused, passionate, results-oriented
- Demonstrated ability to write efficient, readable, and reliable code
- Passion for games
The ideal candidate will also have:
- Aptitude for gameplay design and innovation
- Understanding of animation systems and techniques
- Familiarity with physics simulation
- Experience with console development
We have a unique vision for our studio. One that continues to inspire us today. We bring no egos. We focus on what is best for the game. We hire stunning peers. We own our own mistakes. We treat each other with respect.
After nearly 30 years, Raven Software continues to thrive. We have developed a team that cares about one another, our games, and our players. As we enter the exciting next chapter of our story, we are growing. Our team is creative, highly intelligent, well-led, and equipped to face this exciting future.
We are Animators, Artists, Designers, Engineers, QA Testers, and much more, but above all else we are a team who believes in ourselves, our peers, our studio, and our games.
If you want to be part of our team, apply today. We can't wait to hear from you!
Back to top