Sr. Multiplayer Engineer - Toys for Bob
- Vancouver, Canada
Job Title:Sr. Multiplayer Engineer - Toys for Bob
Job Description:Toys for Bob is seeking an experienced, highly capable Sr. Multiplayer Network Engineer to join our talented team in creating the next generation of award-winning, best-selling games, including the highly anticipated, soon to be released, "Spryo Reignited Trilogy". http://spyrothedragon.com/.
The successful candidate will contribute to the implementation of the multiplayer game mechanics and game modes, as well as mentoring other engineers on the team.
- Design, write, debug and refine multiplayer systems, features, tools and infrastructure
- Provide technical insight regarding multiplayer gameplay design
- Provide high level direction for the client and backend architecture
- 5-10 years game programming experience
- Strong leadership skills and abilities
- Demonstrated proficiency in and knowledge of C/C++, data structures, performance, and multi-threaded programming techniques
- Demonstrated ability to write clean, readable, portable, reliable, and optimized code
- Experience with computer game technologies including: AI programming, physics, 3D programming, animation, collision detection
- A strong passion for video games and the online experience
What We Offer:
- An excellent salary, with annual performance reviews and discretionary bonuses
- 5 weeks of vacation, standard
- Pension matching and contributions
- Top-tier medical, dental, and life insurance coverage
- Flexible working practices, based on the belief that the quality of your work is not dependent on the number of hours sitting behind a desk
- A culture that emphasizes continual learning and improvement, with opportunities for career progression, travel, and a commitment to open source
Toys for Bob is a band of inventors, makers, and magicians who have been developing whimsical AAA console games for over 25 years. We play in a former military hangar that's been converted into a colorful, tiki-themed, dog-friendly paradise just 20 minutes north of the San Francisco Golden Gate bridge. Best known for inventing the "Toys to Life" genre with Skylanders, we are a team of out-of-the-box thinkers who are driven to create memorable new experiences that inspire joy through levity and play. If you love games, are great at what you do, and don't take yourself too seriously, we'd love for you to be part of the family!
Back to top