Sr. Motion Graphics Artist
- Santa Monica, CA
Job Title:Sr. Motion Graphics Artist
Job Description:Job Title: Sr. Motion Graphics Artist
Reporting To: Motion Graphics Team Lead
Department: Marketing Creative
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Founded in 1979, Activision has continuously disrupted the world of entertainment as a leader in the video game industry. With a history of delivering iconic game changers -- like Pitfall®, Tony Hawk®, Guitar Hero®, Crash Bandicoot™, Skylanders™ and Call of Duty® -- our obsession is delighting our players around the globe. Focused and committed to innovation, we consistently deliver the most beloved, engaging and successful entertainment.
And while we have world-class franchises, infrastructure and resources, our success comes from a passionate, talented and diverse team of people producing greatness together. So, if you're interested in our biggest priority, it's our people.
We're currently driving the next era for our company and community by creating amazing experiences for fans and continuing to make Activision an inclusive place where everyone can thrive.
Join us, make history. To learn more, check us out at www.activision.com, www.activisiongamesblog.com or @Activision on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
As a Sr. Motion Graphics Artist you will provides support services to all engaged departments: PR, Marketing, Production and development studios to produce high-quality art assets, primarily videos and motion graphics. Typical end use will include, but is not limited to, editorial, social, marketing, internal, and occasionally in-game use.
As a senior artist, you will also provide support and mentorship for the other members of your team. Your creative input, technical problem-solving skills, and professional experience will prove invaluable to your colleagues as they develop alongside you.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Create, lead, and oversee the creation of original motion graphics assets, including lower thirds, title cards, 3d renders, and cinemagraphs, for use in broadcast marketing, social media marketing, and editorial projects
- Perform visual effects tasks including tracking, matchmoving, keying, rotoscoping and compositing
- Versioning GFX to various specifications including frame rates, aspect ratios, and codecs for various viewing platforms
- Update After Effects projects and other assets received from external sources
- Maintain and promote high standards for project and asset management
- Organize, archive, and back up projects
- Implement feedback from creative leads and customer groups
- Foster creative and technical development amongst team members
- Light, re-map textures, animate, and render 3d models provided by development studios
- Troubleshoot Audio/Video Equipment, including Apple Mac Pro and PC workstations
- Perform other duties, as assigned
- A demo reel
- Expert knowledge of After Effects
- Expert knowledge of commonly used plugins, such as Red Giant suites and Video Copilot plugins
- Working knowledge of 3D packages, especially Cinema 4D and Element 3D
- Strong communication skills with ability to work directly with clients
- High-level design execution, i.e. composition, framing, alignment and timing
- Mastery of project optimization, with emphasis on render times and organization
- Ability to conceptualize, plan, and execute the creation of original GFX for projects
- Ability to integrate Adobe Photoshop, Illustrator, and Premiere Pro into workflow
- Thick skinned, good listener and able to give and take constructive criticism
- Experience with social media and digital marketing campaigns and strategies
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and prioritize projects with high level of autonomy
- Strong technical and troubleshooting skills
- High level of attention to detail and strong communication skills
- Experience with 360 videos/VR a plus
- Experience shooting live video/still photography a plus
- 5+ years of experience. Video game industry experience a plus
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for 'Every World' - we've got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Back to top