Sr. Mobile Designer
Job Title:Sr. Mobile Designer
Job Description: Job Title: Sr. Mobile Designer
Reporting To: Design Director
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Activision is looking for a Senior Mobile Designer to join Activision's Central Design Group. This position will be responsible for driving the quality of mobile design across all ATVI mobile projects. This role will be a mix of consultation and hands-on design. Working closely with the mobile production and development teams, Central Design, Central Analytics, Business Intelligence and production management, they will review and provide feedback or direct support on all mobile design. These areas include core gameplay, UX, metagame, progression systems, narrative, level design, engagement features, and MTX. Acting as a champion for quality, this position will suggest meaningful changes or improvements to existing design or personally own design areas under the guidance of team leads. The Mobile Designer must be an excellent and persuasive communicator, capable of dealing with a wide variety of internal and external partners. This position requires deep experience with hands-on mobile development and an understanding of the industry. They must be comfortable with all degrees of ownership, from personally designing areas to providing high-level feedback to development teams. The Mobile Designer must thrive in a challenging and ambiguous environment and be able to approach problems in a creative and flexible manner.
Driving overall mobile design quality falls into two general categories.
Mobile Design Oversight:
- Review design docs and systems design specs of mobile games with an eye towards overall product quality. Provide verbal and written assessments of same.
- Play builds of games in progress and provide prioritized feedback.
- Advise and educate Activision's internal teams on best practices and trends in the mobile market, including presentations for executive leaders and mobile production heads.
Mobile Design Assistance:
- Work with teams early on to establish mobile design needs, stay in touch throughout project to ensure that design is progressing appropriately.
- Assist with mobile design, from editing to creating design from scratch.
- Actively guide teams to higher quality mobile design. Coach/mentor designers as required.
- Work closely with user-testing teams during play-balancing to provide expert balancing feedback.
- College Degree OR Respectable body of professional work/experience.
- Minimum 5 years experience in the games industry
- Shipped a minimum of three successful mobile game titles (AAA and Live Ops experience are a huge plus)
- Excellent communication skills, team friendly
- Expert at design documentation including high level breakdowns, detailed specs, and Excel
- Avid gamer with a broad range of game experience and a passion for mobile games.
- Egoless personality, who can communicate effectively at all levels of the organization
- Programming/scripting experience a plus
- Console/PC design experience a plus
We're headquartered in Santa Monica, California, housing multiple teams across many disciplines of Marketing, PR, Sales, Supply Chain and other corporate functions such as HR, IT, Legal, Facilities and Finance. Santa Monica is the nerve center of our company, where the best ideas combine with unrivalled rigor to create the biggest and best entertainment experiences in the world.
Great Games Start with Great People! This is an exciting time to join us! Ask anyone who works at Activision, or with Activision, their favorite thing about it, and they'll tell you, it's the people. We have world class brands, infrastructure and resources, but our success doesn't come from assembly lines producing widgets. Our success comes from people producing greatness together. We are nothing without our employee's brilliance. So if you're interested in our biggest priority, it's the people. Activision is more than just the leading developer and publisher of video games; we are the creators of some of the world's biggest, most ground-breaking titles in the industry. Our portfolio includes Call of Duty® and Crash Bandicoot™. Activision is a division of Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ: ATVI), headquartered in Santa Monica, California with locations across the globe. Activision Blizzard is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology, and entertainment. A member of the S&P 500 and recognized on the 2018 FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For® list, Activision Blizzard has operations throughout the world with approximately 10,000 employees and players in 196 countries.
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Back to top