Sr. Game Instrumentation Engineer
- Sherman Oaks, CA
Job Title:Sr. Game Instrumentation Engineer
Job Description:Job Title: Sr. Game Instrumentation Engineer
Reporting To: Sr. Director, Data
Department: Central Tech
Location: Sherman Oaks, CA, Boulder, CO or Vancouver, BC
At Activision, excellent data telemetry plays an important role in making our great games even better. We collect and process a vast amount of game telemetry from live online sessions and backend services, allowing us to improve our products and provide a better overall user experience. This data also enables us to build data-driven game features and services, as well as nurture a data-informed culture throughout our development studios.
You will be working with a talented group of game developers, data engineers, data scientists, analysts, producers and project managers, to provide the highest quality tooling and runtime libraries to enable easy instrumentation of our games.
You'll be writing code in partnership with remote game studios that will be shipped with every title, so there will be a strong emphasis on writing code that is performant, memory-efficient, bug-free, and that will be welcomed by the game studios.
Additional responsibilities include:
- Working closely with Game studio engineers and instrumentation engineers to deliver SDKs that are easy to leverage in our games
- Approach all systems and interactions with a customer-first focus, including a solid understanding of the trade-offs between rapid solutions and overall stability
- Contributing to the improvement of data instrumentation methodologies across the organization
- Troubleshooting data issues with online and multiplayer features
- Work within studio deadlines for instrumentation requirements
- Fluent in C/C++
- Experience developing with Unity or similar game engines
- Familiar with game-side scripting languages, e.g. Lua
- Knowledge of other programming languages such as Python, Java, C# is desirable
- Comfortable working in large code bases, and with large remote teams
- Understands the importance of following strict processes to ensure build stability
- Experience with development tools and suites such as, Visual Studio, Perforce, JIRA
- Understanding of networking technologies, e.g. TCP, UDP, security and scalability
- Experience with multi-platform game development
We're headquartered in Santa Monica, California, housing multiple teams across many disciplines of Marketing, PR, Sales, Supply Chain and other corporate functions such as HR, IT, Legal, Facilities and Finance. Santa Monica is the nerve center of our company, where the best ideas combine with unrivalled rigor to create the biggest and best entertainment experiences in the world.
Great Games Start with Great People! This is an exciting time to join us!
Ask anyone who works at Activision, or with Activision, their favorite thing about it, and they'll tell you, it's the people. We have world class brands, infrastructure and resources, but our success doesn't come from assembly lines producing widgets. Our success comes from people producing greatness together. We are nothing without our employee's brilliance. So if you're interested in our biggest priority, it's the people.
Activision is more than just the leading developer and publisher of video games; we are the creators of some of the world's biggest, most ground-breaking titles in the industry. Our portfolio includes Call of Duty® and Crash Bandicoot™.
Activision is a division of Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ: ATVI), headquartered in Santa Monica, California with locations across the globe. Activision Blizzard is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology, and entertainment. A member of the S&P 500 and recognized on the 2018 FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For® list, Activision Blizzard has operations throughout the world with approximately 10,000 employees and players in 196 countries.
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Back to top