Sr. Full Stack Engineer
Job Title:Sr. Full Stack Engineer
Job Description:Job Title: Sr. Full-Stack Engineer
Reporting To: Senior Manager, Data Application Frameworks
Department: Activision Data
Location: Sherman Oaks, CA; Boulder, CO; or Vancouver, Canada
Activision's Data team is seeking a Senior Full-stack Engineer who is comfortable building web-based tools and possesses practical frontend and backend experience. You'll work on a team developing tooling for the next generation of data-driven game experiences through data visualization and control.
• Build new frontend and backend features for our proprietary data visualization tool
• Enable data consumers by building intuitive user interfaces
• Build microservices that interact with a variety of internal APIs
• Collaborate with internal and remote teams to gather requirements and feedback
• 4+ years fullstack development work experience
• Experience with frontend web application development (React, Angular)
• Experience with backend application development (Python, Java)
• Experience with modern development tools and best practices (IDEs, version control,
unit testing, build tools, continuous integration and delivery, metrics, monitoring)
Experience in the following areas is a plus:
• Familiarity with data visualization tools (D3, highcharts, superset, tableau)
• Familiarity with front end one-way state change libraries (Redux, Reagent)
• Experience with containerized environments (Docker)
• Familiarity with relational databases and SQL (Hive, Postgres, MySQL)
• Familiarity with streaming data processing (Kafka, Kinesis, Spark, Flink, Hadoop)
We're headquartered in Santa Monica, California, housing multiple teams across many disciplines of Marketing, PR, Sales, Supply Chain and other corporate functions such as HR, IT, Legal, Facilities and Finance. Santa Monica is the nerve center of our company, where the best ideas combine with unrivalled rigor to create the biggest and best entertainment experiences in the world.
Great Games Start with Great People! This is an exciting time to join us!
Activision has been changing the way people play for the past 40 years-as the leading developer and publisher of video games, our teams have created some of the world's biggest, most ground-breaking, and beloved entertainment franchises in the industry. Ask anyone who works at Activision what their favorite thing about it is, and they'll tell you it's the people. We have world class brands, infrastructure, and resources, but our success comes from people producing greatness together. We are nothing without our employee's brilliance.
Activision is more than just the leading developer and publisher of video games; we are the creators of some of the world's biggest, most ground-breaking titles in the industry. Our current portfolio includes Call of Duty®, Skylanders®, and Crash Bandicoot™.
Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ: ATVI), headquartered in Santa Monica, California with locations across the globe, is one of the largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies in the world. Sitting at the intersection of media, technology, and entertainment, our employees are some of the best and brightest across engineering, entertainment, media, and technology. A member of the S&P 500 Activision Blizzard is proud to be included as one of FORTUNE's "100 Best Companies To Work For®," "World's Best Employers," as well as "Most Admired Companies." In 2019 we were honored to receive a perfect score on our entry to the Corporate Equality Index as a Best Workplace for LGBTQ professionals and once again made Fast Company's World's Most Innovative Companies in Gaming.
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Back to top