Sr. Director, Corporate Strategy
Job Title:Sr. Director, Corporate Strategy
Job Description:Job Title: Sr. Director, Corporate Strategy
Department: Corporate Strategy & Business Development
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Activision Blizzard Corporate Strategy and Business Development
Corporate Strategy and Business Development is a critical and high-caliber team focused on the top strategic priorities for Activision Blizzard. The team is responsible for setting the corporate strategy and driving long-range planning for the Company, driving M&A and corporate development initiatives, and working closely with senior leaders in Activision Blizzard's Business Units on key initiatives. This is a high-profile team working with a diverse mix of both internal and external stakeholders, and Corporate Strategy alumni can be found in various leadership roles across the Company.
The Senior Director role in Corporate Strategy and Business Development is a unique and highly visible role at Activision Blizzard that offers an accelerated trajectory into leadership roles within the Company for highly talented individuals. The successful candidate will support the team's effort in formulating corporate strategy and analyzing business opportunities to drive both organic and inorganic growth, while grooming a team of highly talented individuals to take on leadership roles within the Company. The successful candidate's responsibilities will include, but are not limited to:
- Actively participate in key corporate strategic planning processes, working across businesses and functions to frame the corporate strategy and drive alignment and execution on key initiatives
- Develop the Company's perspective on long-term disruptive trends, frame potential options, and drive cross-BU and cross-functional execution against these options
- Lead the annual long-range planning (LRP) process to develop the 3-year plan for the enterprise and align key stakeholders on the long-term strategic outlook, including a detailed assessment of potential market evolution scenarios, and evaluation of broader strategic options and multi-year investments across business units and functions
Business Unit Strategy & Support
- Primarily align to one of the Company's business units to develop deep relationships with business unit leadership and shape the strategic agenda for the business
- Support key strategic projects end-to-end by proactively identifying issues and solutions, managing cross-functional and cross-BU teams and resources, and driving alignment across a diverse group of internal and external stakeholders
Corporate Development and M&A
- Support M&A and other corporate development opportunities as needed; illustrative transactions include ~$19B merger with Blizzard / Vivendi Games, ~$6B acquisition of King, sale of Destiny publishing rights to Bungie, acquisition of MLG
- Bachelor's degree, and MBA highly desirable, with 5-7 years of work experience, ideally in management consulting and/or strategy at a leading media or technology company
- Proven ability to lead teams in a fast-paced environment and groom high-caliber talent on an accelerated career trajectory
- Track record of successfully managing complex cross-organizational and cross-functional projects and processes
- Ability to develop deep trust-based relationships and influence different stakeholder groups directly and indirectly
- Ability to effectively balance multiple simultaneous priorities and deadlines with tight timelines
- Exceptional problem-solving, decision-making and quantitative skills
- Self-starter and comfort with ambiguity; must be self-directed and proactive starting day 1 on the job
- Persuasive communication skills (written and verbal), including the ability to tailor communications to a broad range of internal and external audiences
- Broad network and deep passion for interactive entertainment and technology
Activision Blizzard, Inc. is the world's largest interactive entertainment company, with operations across North America, Europe, and Asia. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, Skylanders®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, and Candy Crush™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries!
We're proud to be recognized as one of FORTUNE's "100 Best Companies To Work For®" for four consecutive years and have earned a spot on FORTUNE's "Most Admired Companies," and "Future 50" lists. Our 9,000+ global employees are some of the best and brightest talents across entertainment, media, and technology.
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision Blizzard is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Back to top