Sr. Data Engineer
Job Title:Sr. Data Engineer
Job Description:Job Title: Sr. Data Engineer
Reporting To: Director, Data Governance
Department: Data Engineering
Location: Sherman Oaks, CA; Boulder, CO; Vancouver, BC
Do you have a passion for solving complex privacy engineering and data governance problems? Are you an outspoken advocate for the implementation of best in class data privacy and governance standards and practices? If so, our Sr. Data Engineer role is for you!
Activision Data team is looking for a strong engineer who is well-versed in developing solutions in large-scale big data environment with a primary focus on privacy engineering and data governance. The ideal candidate will have extensive hands-on experience in designing and developing scalable and robust engineering solutions. Previous gaming industry experience is a plus. You should be willing and able to wear multiple hats.
- Develop scalable, efficient, forward-looking privacy solutions that support requirements of GDPR, CA Privacy Act, and other global privacy regulations.
- Work closely with other engineering teams and business stakeholders to design automated solutions for privacy and compliance.
- Be the engineering voice of privacy and data governance at Activision.
- Implement best in class data protection standards and solutions for data pseudonymization, data anonymization, access control, logging, and auditing.
- Implement data governance tools such as data catalog and processes for effectively managing metadata, data classification, and lineage.
- Develop solutions for data profiling, data quality monitoring, reporting, and testing.
- Support creation and implementation of data governance policies, standards, and processes.
- Proven verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to communicate complex technical ideas to the business stakeholders.
- Experience working with big data technologies (Hadoop, Hive, Spark, Presto, or similar.)
- 3+ years of production engineering experience.
- Experience in working with cloud infrastructures.
- Familiarity with GDPR, CCPA, and other privacy regulations.
- Production experience in Python and/or Java
- Experience writing / debugging complex SQL statements
- Experience in implementation of Data Catalog tools such as Atlas, Collibra, or Alation
We're headquartered in Santa Monica, California, housing multiple teams across many disciplines of Marketing, PR, Sales, Supply Chain and other corporate functions such as HR, IT, Legal, Facilities and Finance. Santa Monica is the nerve center of our company, where the best ideas combine with unrivalled rigor to create the biggest and best entertainment experiences in the world.
Great Games Start with Great People! This is an exciting time to join us!
Activision has been changing the way people play for the past 40 years-as the leading developer and publisher of video games, our teams have created some of the world's biggest, most ground-breaking, and beloved entertainment franchises in the industry. Ask anyone who works at Activision what their favorite thing about it is, and they'll tell you it's the people. We have world class brands, infrastructure, and resources, but our success comes from people producing greatness together. We are nothing without our employee's brilliance.
Activision is more than just the leading developer and publisher of video games; we are the creators of some of the world's biggest, most ground-breaking titles in the industry. Our current portfolio includes Call of Duty®, Skylanders®, and Crash Bandicoot™.
Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ: ATVI), headquartered in Santa Monica, California with locations across the globe, is one of the largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies in the world. Sitting at the intersection of media, technology, and entertainment, our employees are some of the best and brightest across engineering, entertainment, media, and technology. A member of the S&P 500 Activision Blizzard is proud to be included as one of FORTUNE's "100 Best Companies To Work For®," "World's Best Employers," as well as "Most Admired Companies." In 2019 we were honored to receive a perfect score on our entry to the Corporate Equality Index as a Best
Workplace for LGBTQ professionals and once again made Fast Company's World's Most Innovative Companies in Gaming.
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Back to top