- Vancouver, Canada
Job Description:Job Title: Sourcer
Reporting To: Director, Talent Acquisition
Department: Human Resources
Location: Vancouver, BC
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain. Located in our global headquarters in Santa Monica, we encompass equal parts agility, creativity and rigor to enhance the employee and player experience. To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB.
The recruiting team at Activision is on a journey to become strategic talent partners and we are focused on developing a direct sourcing model and deep understanding of the talent market of our clients. We also pride ourselves on delivering the very best candidate experience and hiring manager satisfaction and continue to raise the talent bar with the great talent we bring into the business.
This rare and exciting opportunity, based out of Demonware Games, requires a naturally fast-paced, proactive, organized, customer centric and passionate sourcer to take on the initial contact and pipelining of talent, and manage candidates up to the interview process.
This role includes but is not limited to the following tasks/duties*:
- Manage the full end to end lifecycle recruitment process providing exceptional, first-class recruiting support for internal client groups.
- Proactively identify, map and engage with top talent in line with our current and future requirements.
- Develop and maintain strong working relationships with internal stakeholders, HR team members and Talent Acquisition team to create a partnership that yields success, predictable results and credibility.
- Source candidates who believe in our vision and culture. Our goal is not to solely fill requisitions, but rather identify the best talent who want to take the next step in their careers and will continue to drive our incredibly successful business.
- Act as an ambassador of the Company to provide complete, accurate, and inspiring information to candidates about the company and position.
- Market Demonware across and proactively source candidates from, numerous online mediums, social networking sites, job boards, universities etc. leveraging the most relevant and creative tools to source and recruit the very best talent.
- Interview and screen potential candidates including: face-to-face, phone interviews, and reference checking
- Maintain accurate and thorough documentation within the company's candidate database
- Develop networking strategies including cold calling passive candidates and leveraging networking sites (LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter)
- Actively promote and market our Employee Referral Program
- Develop an effective pipeline of key talent potentially available for immediate hire as succession planning needs dictate.
- Other ad-hoc Talent Acquisition tasks and projects as required
- 3 years of relevant technical sourcing experience required
- Deep knowledge and experience in candidate sourcing, selection and assessment
- Ability to develop a large, diverse and technically qualified applicant pool from multiple sources including direct sourcing, competitive information, cold-calling, web sites, referrals, advertising, networking, etc.
- Strong Internet search and research skills. (Previous use of LinkedIn Recruiter highly desirable)
- Extensive experience with advanced Boolean search strings
- Self-motivation with a history of exceeding high performance standards
- Able to build productive relationships
- Ability to influence, sell and negotiate
- Excellent communication skills
- Analytical and methodical in approach
- Ability to work at a fast pace whilst maintaining strong organizational and multi-tasking skills
- Strong sense of urgency and attention to detail
- High customer service/client service skills and ability to partner across multiple teams
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information appropriately
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for 'Every World' - we've got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Back to top