Software Engineer - Storage
- Dublin, Ireland
Job Title:Software Engineer - Storage
Job Description: Software Engineer -
Build online services to store Game profiles, statistics, progression, replays, user generated content, configuration and other data for some of the biggest games on earth. Our game client connects console and PC titles to the most reliable online storage services in the business and we need you to join us.
Position Summary We're looking for an experienced Software Engineer to join our team to work on Backend Services and Game integrations. Demonware has some of the biggest entertainment launches in the world with player counts going from zero to millions of players on day one and Storage services make that possible.
You will contribute to our technical direction and standards with fellow engineers on the Storage team and across Demonware. You will design and implement features, run services and help our game studios integrate features into current and future games. This is a Dev Ops role that includes maintaining and supporting the live services that you develop.
The Storage teams Python services are built on top of Kubernetes, Cassandra DB, Redis, Elasticsearch, Kafka and typically deployed to our own on premises hardware using Ansible, Puppet or git workflows. Knowledge of some of these technologies would be a huge plus.
All our services are accessed from C++ clients which are integrated into Activision's bespoke game engines.Requirements
- 5+ years relevant work experience, including in a high-volume or critical production service environment
- Love to code. Excellent knowledge of C++ and/or Python. Knowing both is ideal but one is sufficient if you are happy to learn the other
- Experience building and running distributed systems development and service oriented architectures
- A proven ability to analyze requirements and make corresponding design decisions
- Experience with at least one major database MySQL, Cassandra, Hadoop, etc. Preferably at very large scale
- A strong background with open source and Linux environments
- Experience working at scale - hundreds or thousands of servers is a big plus
- Knowledge of AWS or Google cloud is a plus
Some of the Benefits
- 5 weeks of vacation
- Pension matching and contributions
- Top-tier medical, dental, and life insurance coverage
- Lots of little perks like free snacks, games room and foosball
Demonware by the numbers
- 469+ million gamers
- 3.2+ million concurrent online gamers
- 100+ games
- 300,000 requests per second at peak
- Average query response time of <.02 second
- 630,000+ metrics a minute
- 132 billion+ API calls per month
Demonware is responsible for developing and running the online services for some of the largest entertainment franchises in the world. We work side by side with Activision's game studios including Treyarch, Infinity Ward, Vicarious Visions & Sledgehammer Games to deliver amazing games at massive scale. We ensure that those games stay online, 24/7 for years after launch.
The Products department is responsible for the online services product suite that serve the Call of Duty franchise and Activision's other major titles. We work closely with title project teams at Demonware and the studios to make sure they have the features they need for their upcoming games. We chart a long-term vision for these products to provide the capabilities that enable Activision's game studios to focus on building the best games in the world.
Back to top