Software Engineer - Consumer Technology
- Santa Monica, CA
Job Title:Software Engineer - Consumer Technology
Job Description:Job Title: Software Engineer - Consumer Technology
Reporting To: Senior Manager, Engineering - Consumer Tech
Department: Consumer Technology
Location: Santa Monica, California
Founded in 1979, Activision has continuously disrupted the world of entertainment as a leader in the videogame industry. With a history of delivering iconic game changers -- like Pitfall ® , Tony Hawk ®, Guitar Hero ®, Crash Bandicoot™, Skylanders ™ and Call of Duty ® -- our obsession is delighting our players around the globe. Focused and committed to innovation, we consistently deliver the most beloved, engaging and successful entertainment.
And while we have world-class franchises, infrastructure and resources, our success comes from a passionate, talented and diverse team of people producing greatness together. So, if you're interested in our biggest priority, it's our people.
We're currently driving the next era for our company and community by creating amazing experiences for fans and continuing to make Activision an inclusive place where everyone can thrive.
Join us, make history. To learn more, check us out at www.activision.com, https://blog.activision.com or @Activision on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
As a Software Engineer you will work within the Consumer Technology group to build innovative and impactful player personalization platforms and products that help to build loyalty and drive engagement for Activision's industry leading games. Candidates should have development and implementation experience of large-scale applications
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Build scalable, high-volume, high-availability systems for sophisticated personalization solutions leveraging machine learning.
- Develop personalized experiences within mobile and web applications
- Work with high volumes of data in both relational and NoSQL data stores
- Build personalization integrations leveraging multiple data sources across communication channels (in-game, voice, mobile, email, social, web, and others)
- Perform code reviews and ensure exceptional code quality
- Participate in development of new features and defect resolution on existing applications, as well as assist with scoping and designing new product initiatives.
- Data integration and automation from a variety of formats including files and APIs
- Development highly scalable data pipeline consumers that incorporate complex transformations and efficient code.
- Work in a collaborative environment with some pretty cool people, and HUGE amounts of data
Year 1 Success:
- Deliver scalable, high-volume, high-availability recommendation system.
- Integration of web-based features in at least one game in 2020 in partnership with studios
- Experience with high-volume consumer facing software systems built on Adobe Experience Manager.
- Proven experience in building RESTful backend services using Java, Kotlin or Scala.
- Passion for shipping high quality, elegant, tested code that delights players.
- Proven experience in a software engineering/development and design.
- Self-starter who is excited about learning new technologies, ability to work independently is a must.
- Experience using marketing tech platforms such as SFDC Marketing Cloud, Adobe Marketing Stack.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for 'Every World' - we've got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Back to top