Senior Visual Effects Rendering Engineer
- Woodland Hills, CA
Job Title:Senior Visual Effects Rendering Engineer
Job Description:Your Mission
Infinity Ward is looking for a Senior Visual Effects Rendering Engineer to join our team and drive the vision of what a true next-gen console can achieve!
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Improve and maintain the run-time particle rendering and simulation code.
- Contribute to the technical vision and architecture for the visual effects system.
- Improve and maintain the visual effects authoring tool.
- Work with the visual effects content team to identify and implement code feature requests.
- Optimize performance and memory profiles of particle rendering subsystems
- Stay abreast of technology trends and techniques in visual effects rendering as it pertains to real-time graphics engines.
- Work with and maintain platform-specific code, as necessary
- Communicate with and educate the visual effects content team about features of the effects engine and optimization techniques.
- Adhere to team coding standards and best practices.
- Understand and embrace the constraints of a game development cycle (you know when bug fixing, and optimization become more important than new features.)
- B.S. (or higher) in Software Engineering or equivalent.
- 5+ years of programming experience in C/C++.
- Good understanding of multi-threaded programming.
- Strong 3D math skills and low-level engine experience are essential.
- Excellent debugging and performance analysis skills.
- Ability to break down problems and design code features.
- Familiarity with the DirectX 12 API.
- Familiarity with writing HLSL shaders.
- GPU Compute experience is a plus.
Back to top