Senior VFX Artist
- Madison, WI
Job Title:Senior VFX Artist
Job Description:RAVEN SOFTWARE , developer of numerous award-winning games, including contributions to the blockbuster Call of Duty franchise, is looking for a talented and passionate Senior VFX Artist to join our high-caliber team. This position will play a key role in the creative design, asset management, and technical implementation of visual effects and design.
To earn this spot, you have experience delivering high-quality VFx art, fierce art skills in composition and modeling, an aptitude for critical thinking and analysis, boundless creativity, extensive knowledge of FPS gameplay/landscape, and a deep passion for playing videogames.
• Creating stunning visuals effects for the FPS genre using proprietary real time particle systems.
• High standards of artist skill in creating texture assets for effects.
• A critical eye and appreciation of cinematics when placing effects .
• Finding and dealing with technical issues using performance metric tools.
• Creatively solving technical issues that arise.
• Working with Level Designers and Team Leads to create FX for stunning environments and compelling moments.
• At least 2 to 3 years of next-gen visual effects development on console hardware (Xbox, PS, PC).
• Experience with and a good working knowledge of the limitations and expectations of next generation hardware.
• Excellent working knowledge of Maya and Photoshop.
• Ability to communicate effectively with both Artists and Programmers.
• An intimate knowledge of Art skills (e.g. knowledge of composition, color, 3d modeling and painting).
• Advanced understanding of how to create textures for games.
• Advanced understanding of the limitations of runtime effects and how to get the best results.
• Strong background in modeling, animation and/or traditional art.
• High-end rendering of particle effects and fluid dynamics.
• Specialty post-production work for game cinematics.
• Experience with After Effects.
• Experience and comfort with one or more scripting/programming languages.
• Secondary education, Bachelors of Fine arts or equivalent.
• Ability to assist with other art tasks, including light 2d, 3d, or concept tasks.
• Strong understanding of real-time physics systems.
Located in Madison, Wisconsin, RAVEN SOFTWARE offers an upscale work environment with state-of-the-art workstations, competitive compensation, generous benefits, highly-skilled teammates, affordable living, and an exceptional quality of life.
Back to top