Senior Tools Engineer - Sledgehammer Games
- Melbourne, Australia
Job Title:Senior Tools Engineer - Sledgehammer Games
Job Description:Your Platform
Located in the San Francisco Bay Area and Melbourne, Australia - we're the videogame development team behind Call of Duty ® : Modern Warfare 3, Call of Duty ® : Advanced Warfare and Call of Duty ® : WWII . Since our founding in 2009, our greatest passion has been making AAA games. The strength of our team makes us not only excellent at what we do, but also how we do it. We firmly believe in supporting our talented employees to be the best they can be. Here at Sledgehammer Games, everyone is a game maker.
As we head into decade II of development, we're focused on constantly evolving, innovating and taking risks - which are some of the most rewarding aspects of game development. With world-class audio, design, engineering and art teams, we've been able to achieve some of the highest-quality game execution of any studio in the industry. We love what we do and work hard to make sure that each new game we make is even better than the last. Creativity is key, and we're looking for talented game developers for our exciting next project.
Sledgehammer Games is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.sledgehammergames.com or search for Sledgehammer Games on your favorite social media platform. Want to hear what it's like at the studio directly from current employees? Check out our #LifeatSHG developer profiles: https://youtu.be/12DUBszg-w4
As a Senior Tools Engineer you will partner with the content team in providing them with new and improved tools to maximize iteration. Sledgehammer Games believes one of the biggest multipliers to a team's productivity is great tools. You are responsible for delivering tools to improve the iterative content cycle. You will utilize several technologies in the development of our tools including but not limited to C++, C#, WPF, WinForms, and SQL Server. You will work hand-in-hand with the Tools Lead and content creators, to design, iterate, and execute on a variety of tools & pipelines.
Qualified candidates need to be self-starters, able to operate in a highly dynamic environment, and have concise execution. This is a great opportunity for someone who has a solid technical background, a passion for the gaming industry and enjoys working with a powerful engineering team. This position reports to the Engineering Director and will interact directly with all disciplines of the development team.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Design and development of various asset creation and management tools ranging from exporters, to content creation tools, to asset management tools, to build tools, to frameworks
- Maintenance and support of existing and new and infrastructure as needed
- Work with content creators, designers, and other engineers to gather requirements and ensure tool design specifications are met
- Design and development of user-friendly interfaces for content creators
- 5+ years tools programming experience
- Demonstrated proficiency in and knowledge of C#/C/C++, data structures, performance, and multi-threaded programming techniques
- Knowledge of common data structures and algorithmic solutions
- Client focused
- Contributed extensively to the development of one or more shipped games, PC or console
- Thorough knowledge of software design practices including modular architecture, event-driven architecture, and software design patterns
- Ability to quickly understand and work with internal and externally developed code
- University-level degree in Computer Science or related field
- A strong passion for video games of many kinds
- Experience with developing composite applications using the Model View-View Model design pattern
- Experience with various technologies and SDKs such as WPF, Prism, and Rad Controls
- Experience with SQL Server
- Experience with Maya plugin and script development
- Experience with computer game technologies including: Camera systems, AI programming, physics, 3D programming, animation, collision detection
- Demonstrated ability to write clean, readable, portable, reliable, and optimized tools code
- Contributed extensively to the development of tools for at least one shipped console game
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for 'Every World' - we've got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Sledgehammer Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability
Back to top