Job Title:Senior Tools Engineer - Infinity Ward
Job Description:Your Mission
Infinity Ward is looking for a talented Senior Tools Engineer to join our team.
The ideal candidate will have extensive full-time programming experience in games. We are looking for someone who is passionate about the digital content production process and who is passionate about working with content creators and engineers of other disciplines to build awesome tools
The tools team at Infinity Ward is responsible for providing a good user experience for the content creation story of game development. This includes improving the content editing tools as well as the build pipeline technology used to deliver content changes to the game. It also encompasses delivering good feedback to the entire studio on both a micro and macro level. This includes keeping artists informed about the specific changes they submit, and the larger team informed about the health of the whole game.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an award-winning video game developer, and work with the best gaming talent in the world.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Design and development of various asset creation and management tools ranging from exporters, to content creation tools, to asset management tools, to build tools, to frameworks.
- Maintenance and support of existing and new and infrastructure as needed, including honing studio services such as: Continuous integration, Automated Testing, Distribution and Caching systems.
- Work with content creators, designers, and other engineers to gather requirements and ensure tool design specifications are met.
- Coordinate feature sets, roadmaps, and technical requirements provided by stakeholders to implement high quality software to facilitate the creative process.
- 5+ years of programming experience in developing media pipeline tools.
- Demonstrated proficiency in and knowledge of C#/C/C++, data structures, performance, and multi-threaded programming techniques.
- Understanding of fundamentals of 3D math.
- Knowledge of common data structures and algorithmic solutions.
- Client focused.
- Contributed extensively to the development of one or more shipped games, PC, or console.
- Thorough knowledge of software design practices including modular architecture, event-driven architecture, and software design patterns.
- Ability to quickly understand and work with internal and externally developed code.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field.
- A strong passion for video games of many kinds.
- Experience with developing composite applications using the Model View-View Model design pattern.
- Experience with various technologies and SDKs such as WPF, Prism, and Rad Controls.
- Experience with SQL Server.
- Experience with Maya plugin and script development.
- Experience with computer game technologies including: Camera systems, AI programming, physics, 3D programming, animation, collision detection.
- Demonstrated ability to write clean, readable, portable, reliable, and optimized tools code.
- Contributed extensively to the development of tools for at least one shipped console game.
About Infinity Ward
Founded in 2002, Infinity Ward is the original studio behind the Call of Duty® franchise. The titles developed by Infinity Ward have won more than 200 "Game of the Year" awards and 100 "Editor's Choice" awards, among many other industry accolades. Some of our previous titles include: Call of Duty®: Ghosts, Call of Duty®: Infinite Warfare and most recently, Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare. Infinity Ward employs more than 250 people in Woodland Hills, CA, just outside of Los Angeles.
A critically acclaimed studio, Infinity Ward is proud to have one of the most passionate and talented development teams in the industry. We love to have as much fun as the games we create, and it shows in our relaxed, yet diligent, workplace environment. We believe that making the best games relies on having the best people, so we like to look after ours. We enjoy having fun with top-notch events that everyone gets involved with.
Infinity Ward is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at https://www.infinityward.com/, on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/InfinityWard/, and @InfinityWard on Twitter.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for 'Every World' - we've got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Infinity Ward is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.