Senior Technical Animator - Treyarch
- Santa Monica, CA
Job Title:Senior Technical Animator - Treyarch
Job Description:Job Title: Senior Technical Animator
Reporting To: Lead Animator
Location: Santa Monica, CA or Vancouver, BC
As a Senior Technical Animator you will support the animation production pipeline and improve workflows. You will identify potential issues and deploy correct solutions. While working with the Animation Department and studio leads, you will develop new tools and/or refine existing ones to ensure that the Animation Department operates smoothly. Through your technical knowledge, the you will help bridge and facilitate communication between the Animation team and other departments.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Author and maintain various animation tools
- Look for opportunities to improve our animation pipeline and provide solutions for technical animation problems
- Establish workflow processes to guarantee the success of the Animation Department
- Create and support animation rigs for Motionbuilder and/or Maya
- Collaborate with the character artists to help create characters that meet technical and animation requirements
- Help problem-solve in-game animation implementation issues.
- Develop new techniques and processes to solve animation production challenges
- Using various scripting languages (e.g. Python), you will create and maintain animation related tools
- Research latest applicable technologies and 3rd party software packages
- Be involved with the Motion Capture pipeline and contribute to its efficiency
- 6+ years of experience in game industry
- 3+ years of experience as a Technical Animator
- Expert knowledge of Motion Builder and Maya
- Broad knowledge of overall game technology.
- Strong Scripting experience (e.g. Python, etc.)
- Strong understanding of both figure and facial anatomy
- Experience with character rigging
- Experience with Motion Capture workflows and pipelines.
- Experience with setting up production pipelines while being able to follow guidelines
- Excellent organizational, communication and interpersonal skills
- Programming experience is a plus (e.g. C++, C#, etc.)
Founded in 1996, Treyarch is an award-winning videogame studio, driven to create awesome games for the world to enjoy. It is an approach that has helped make the studio behind the Black Ops series an industry-leading developer. Call of Duty®: Black Ops , Call of Duty®: Black Ops II , Call of Duty®: Black Ops III and the studio's most recent release, Call of Duty®: Black Ops 4 , have all gone on to break industry records. Additionally, Treyarch is the birthplace of fan favorite, Call of Duty 's Zombies.
Working at Treyarch means having the opportunity to work on some of the biggest videogames in the industry, all within a culture that values individual talent and the teams that bring games to life. We provide our teams with the cutting-edge development tools needed to make their most ambitious plans a reality, allowing for rapid iteration and the ability to create the kinds of memorable gameplay moments that are ultimately shared by millions of fans around the world. We also embrace challenges, knowing that together, we can overcome anything...and hopefully inspire a few new game developers along the way.
Treyarch is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us atwww.treyarch.com, on Facebook atwww.facebook.com/treyarch, and @treyarch on Twitter.
Back to top