Senior Systems Engineer
- Vancouver, Canada
Job Title:Senior Systems Engineer
Job Description: Want to be responsible for the awesomegaming experience of hundreds ofmillions of players? How about building the infrastructure that supports players from around the world?
We are looking for an experienced Systems Engineer to join the Cloud Engineering team in our Vancouver location.
Our major focus is a large-scale migration to Google Cloud Platform, in addition to supporting our existing datacenter-based infrastructure by providing services and technologies to internal customers in a secure, scalable and repeatable way. We provide build services, VM and Linux container provisioning, and other base services such as DNS, LDAP, secrets management and more to other Demonware Engineering teams.
If you're excited about working with technologies for low-latency, large scale systems in a collaborative environment then we'd love to hear from you!
In this role, you will :
- B e instrumental in setting technical direction and best practices for our current and future needs.
- P lay a key role in creating best practices and guidelines for migrating diverse workloads to Google Cloud Platform and ensuring they are set up securely and efficiently.
- I mprove efficiency in our p rivate c loud services and ensure that we evolve our technologies to meet the current and future demands for both us and our internal customers.
- D rive us towards infrastructure as code using frameworks such as Ansible and Terraform.
Day to Day:
- Drive key platform and infrastructure projects involving multiple teams
- Troubleshoot and debug, often in collaboration with other teams
- Collaborate with other engineers in design and code reviews
- Provide services and support for virtualized and containerized workloads to other teams in Demonware
- Manage key internal services such as Jenkins, GitHub, Artifactory, Vault, DNS, and OpenLDAP
- Develop best practices and tooling for GCP usage across the organization
- Act as an escalation point for systems and services owned by the team
A bout you:
- 7+ years practical infrastructure experience, preferably in high-volume and/or critical production service environments
- Experience with compute and network hardware and architecture
- Scripting skills: Unix shell scripting and at least one of Python or Golang
- Experience of running services in KubernetesFirm grasp of Linux administration and core operating system concepts
- A desire to automate all the things
- Tenacity for debugging and solving technology problems down to their root cause
- Proven experience with architecting and provisioning services using public cloud services GCP (preferred) or AWS
- Experience managing infrastructure using Terraform
- Knowledge of hardware and operating system abstraction technologies: virtualization (preferably KVM), Linux containers (LXC/LXD) and containers (Kubernetes)
- Familiarity with infrastructure services, e.g. DNS, HashiCorp suite and Jenkin s
What Demonware Offers:
Relocation Support, 25 days of vacation, RRSP matchingprogram and top-tier medical, dental and life insurance coverage for you and your dependents and perks .
Demonware is an independently-run part of Activision Blizzard. We run every part of the players' online experience, from logging in to matchmaking to climbing the leaderboards, for popular video game franchises such as Call of Duty, Tony Hawk Pro Skater, Crash Bandicoot and Skylanders.
The work we do together every day impacts almost half a billion players around the world. We solve big company challenges with a small company feel. We are technology-driven with a culture of openness . This means collaborating to solve interesting challenges, enjoying the freedom to talk to anyone, and always feeling respected. We take the work seriously; ourselves, not so much.
Back to top