Senior SP Game Designer
- Woodland Hills, CA
Job Title:Senior SP Game Designer
Job Description: Infinity Ward is looking for an experienced Single-Player Designer to work on the next installment of one of the best-selling and most critically acclaimed shooter franchises of all time. At IW, we look for designers who are capable not only of innovation and AAA polish, but who can also be relied upon to effectively collaborate with other departments and drive their vision to completion on-time and at-quality.
If you can handle lots of ownership and responsibility, and if you're interested in creating highly polished cinematic experiences that impactfully draw out emotion while retaining maximum player agency, we'd love to hear from you! This role is for a technically-capable level designer who can both lay out geo and script the content to completion. You need to be able to comfortably create spaces, as well as the combat and set pieces that will go into them.
- Create compelling and immersive gameplay with innovative, memorable, and impactful moments.
- Own missions from concept through ship.
- Use your technical background for problem solving, systems creation, and scripting unique scenarios.
- Work with a flexible C-style scripting language to realize your designs.
- Communicate and collaborate with other disciplines such as Art, Animation, Audio, and Narrative to achieve development goals.
- Shipped AAA gameplay experience or equivalent.
- A passion for cinematic language, framing, timing, and set-piece design.
- Ability to take feedback from Directors to iterate and improve your designs.
- Know our games: how they excel, where they need improvement, and how you will make them better.
- Serious passion for games. You should be able to break down and articulate their strengths and weaknesses.
- Be confident and articulate; if you're passionate about joining Infinity Ward, prove it to us.
- Samples of your work - links to videos with your application. We are looking for playable examples of finished shooter levels or mods.
Founded in 2002, Infinity Ward is the original studio behind the Call of Duty franchise. The titles developed by Infinity Ward have won over 200 "Game of the Year" awards and 100 "Editor's Choice" awards, among many other industry accolades. Some of our previous titles include: Call of Duty: Ghosts, Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, and most recently, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare.Infinity Ward is located in Woodland Hills, California, just outside of Los Angeles.
A critically-acclaimed studio, Infinity Ward is proud to have one of the most passionate and accomplished development teams in the industry. We love to have as much fun as the games we create, and it shows in our relaxed, yet diligent workplace environment.
Infinity Ward is wholly owned by Activision Publishing, Inc. To learn more about our studio, please visit us athttps://www.infinityward.com/, on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/InfinityWard/, and @InfinityWard on Twitter.
Back to top