Senior Sound Designer - Sledgehammer Games Toronto
- Toronto, Canada
Job Title:Senior Sound Designer - Sledgehammer Games Toronto
Job Description: Your Platform
Sledgehammer Games, award winning developer of several titles in the Call of Duty franchise, is looking for talented developers to join us as founding members of our new Toronto team. This group will partner with our global teams in Foster City, California and Melbourne, Victoria in the creation of epic content for some of the biggest games in the world. This is an opportunity to help grow and shape a AAA team from the ground up, adding new skills to your armory while gaining the unique satisfaction that only comes from building something brand new. Join us on our quest to maintain and improve a healthy and inspiring studio culture!
The studio is navigating their 2 nd decade of game development,focused onconstant evolution,innovation and qualified risk-taking - which are some of the most rewarding aspects of game development. With world-classcontent production and engineering teams, we've been able to achieve some of the highest-quality game execution of any studio in the industry. We love what we do and work hard to make sure that each new game we make is even better than the last. Creativity is key, and we're looking for talented game developers for our excitingnew projects.
Sledgehammer Games is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.sledgehammergames.com or search for Sledgehammer Games on your favorite social media platform. Want to hear what it's like at the studio directly from current employees? Check out our #LifeatSHG developer profiles: https://youtu.be/12DUBszg-w4
Sledgehammer Games is looking for a passionate and experienced game S enior Sound Designer to help create a fresh new AAA aural experience for our next project. You will be involved in virtually every aspect of game audio content development alongside one of the most passionate and experienced audio teams in the industry.
- Interactive and linear sound effects design.
- In-depth real-time audio-control scripting.
- Audio asset implementation.
- Mixing & mastering.
- Field recording.
- Dialog processing.
- Music editing.
- Audio tools & run-time systems design collaboration.
- Demonstrated creative and technical achievements in sound design.
- Minimum seven years of experience in game audio development.
- Shipped at least five major titles.
- Fluency in game audio implementation systems.
- Experience in game audio scripting or other relevant programming environments.
- Understanding of PS4, XBOX One, and PC audio functionality, capabilities, and limitations.
- Experience with major digital audio workstations, and power-user of at least one.
- Solid understanding of technical audio theory and audio engineering.
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills.
- Exceptional organization skills.
- College degree preferred.
- Continuing Education Certificate, Professional or advanced degree in audio engineering, music, or similar preferred.
- FPS/Multi-player experience a plus.
- Experience with Radiant game development software a plus
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment . We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for 'Every World' - we've got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Sledgehammer Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Back to top