Job Title:Senior Software Engineer - Titles
Job Description: Want to be responsible for the awesome gaming experience of hundreds of millions of players? How about building a scalable platform that enables key revenue-driving and player engagement features in world-renowned games?
We're looking for a Senior Software Engineer to join up with the development team in Vancouver that designs, builds, runs, and evolves our in-game social, progression, rewards, and monetization services platforms for the Call of Duty franchise and other popular Activision titles.
The Titles department is responsible for delivering large name games titles, leveraging many of the existing technologies created by Demonware and developing new online services and features to support the future of the online gaming market. The development is geared towards low-latency and large-scale distributed systems that can handle millions of concurrently connected users, meaning you will have a large impact on the online and multiplayer experience for AAA multiplayer games, including Call of Duty.
In this role, you will:
- Develop custom backend online services and features that are reliable and scale to be used by millions of players all around the world.
- Own, operate and support the services and features you develop.
- Work as a partner to game studios, designing online and multiplayer player experiences.
- Work with game studio engineers to troubleshoot problems with online and multiplayer features.
- Provide technical mentorship to other team members through software engineering best practices
- Expertise in Python or C++ coding, or skills in a similar language.
- Experience with databases (ideally MySQL, Cassandra, and Redis).
- Experience with networking technologies (e.g. TCP, UDP, security and scalability).
- Experience delivering within Scrum/Agile development methodologies.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills.
- Good communication and customer facing skills.
- Experience with multi-platform development, including PC, Xbox One, and PS4.
- Understanding of large scale services (up to millions of concurrent users).
- Has initiative, and is able to complete complex tasks with minimal supervision.
- Enjoys working with other engineers.
What Demonware Offers:
Relocation Support, generous paid vacation, RRSP matching program and top-tier medical, dental and life insurance coverage for you and your dependents and perks.
Demonware is an independently-run part of Activision Blizzard. We run every part of the players' online experience, from logging in to matchmaking to climbing the leaderboards, for popular video game franchises such as Call of Duty, Tony Hawk Pro Skater, Crash Bandicoot and Skylanders.
The work we do together every day impacts almost half a billion players around the world. We solve big company challenges with a small company feel. We are technology-driven with a culture of openness. This means collaborating to solve interesting challenges, enjoying the freedom to talk to anyone, and always feeling respected. We take the work seriously; ourselves, not so much.