Senior Rendering Engineer - Sledgehammer Games
- Melbourne, Australia
Job Title:Senior Rendering Engineer - Sledgehammer Games
Job Description:Your Platform:
Located in the San Francisco Bay Area and Melbourne, Australia - we're the videogame development team behind Call of Duty ® : Modern Warfare 3, Call of Duty ® : Advanced Warfare and Call of Duty ® : WWII . Since our founding in 2009, our greatest passion has been making AAA games. The strength of our team makes us not only excellent at what we do, but also how we do it. We firmly believe in supporting our talented employees to be the best they can be. Here at Sledgehammer Games, everyone is a game maker.
As we head into decade II of development, we're focused on constantly evolving, innovating and taking risks - which are some of the most rewarding aspects of game development. With world-class audio, design, engineering and art teams, we've been able to achieve some of the highest-quality game execution of any studio in the industry. We love what we do and work hard to make sure that each new game we make is even better than the last. Creativity is key, and we're looking for talented game developers for our exciting next project.
Sledgehammer Games is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.sledgehammergames.com or search for Sledgehammer Games on your favorite social media platform. Want to hear what it's like at the studio directly from current employees? Check out our #LifeatSHG developer profiles: https://youtu.be/12DUBszg-w4
As a Senior Rendering Engineer you will improve, develop and innovate rendering techniques for AAA titles in the Call of Duty engine technology. You will work closely with engineers and artists to bring excitement to life on the screen. Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Develop, design, modify, optimize and debug rendering pipeline and engine systems
- Deploy, evaluate performance and test software on PC, Xbox and Playstation platforms
- Communicate features and collaborate with engineering, design, animation and art teams
- Participate in the design, performance and code review process
- Contribute to design and roadmap of industry-leading AAA engine
- Bachelor's degree in a Computer Science, Engineering, or Math-related field
- 5+ years of experience working with rendering, animation and/or other related technologies
- Passion for character rendering and/or animation
- Strong math skills
- Knowledge of CPU, GPU and memory architectures
- Experience writing Compute, pixel and/or vertex shaders
- Understanding of a modern 3D graphics API (OpenGL, Vulkan, Direct3D, or console equivalent)
- Familiarity using modern GPU/CPU performance analysis tools
- Comprehensive understanding of object-oriented programming
- Strong background in C/C++
- Solid debugging skills including ability to debug at an assembly-level when necessary
- Good communicator that enjoys collaboration with other programmers, artists and designers
- Passion for code and data optimization
- Creative, motivated, focused, passionate, results-oriented
- Demonstrated ability to write efficient, clean, readable, portable, and reliable code
- Experience with linear blend and/or dual quaternion skinning
- Understanding of animation systems, including state machines, blend trees, low-level playback
- Familiarity with animation techniques like pose-space deformations and blend shapes
- Experience with physics-based ragdolls and IK systems
- Background with parallel programming and multi-threaded renderers.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment . We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for 'Every World' - we've got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Sledgehammer Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Back to top