Senior Producer - Emerging Franchises
- Santa Monica, CA
Job Title:Senior Producer - Emerging Franchises
Job Description:Job Title: Senior Producer - Emerging Franchises
Reporting To: Executive Producer
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Founded in 1979, Activision has continuously disrupted the world of entertainment as a leader in the videogame industry. With a history of delivering iconic game changers -- like Pitfall ® , Tony Hawk ®, Guitar Hero ®, Crash Bandicoot™, Skylanders ™ and Call of Duty ® -- our obsession is delighting our players around the globe. Focused and committed to innovation, we consistently deliver the most beloved, engaging and successful entertainment.
And while we have world-class franchises, infrastructure and resources, our success comes from a passionate, talented and diverse team of people producing greatness together. So, if you're interested in our biggest priority, it's our people.
We're currently driving the next era for our company and community by creating amazing experiences for fans and continuing to make Activision an inclusive place where everyone can thrive.
Join us, make history. To learn more, check us out at www.activision.com, www.activisiongamesblog.com or @Activision on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
As a Senior Producer on the Emerging Franchises team, you will lead one or more franchises from both a business and publishing perspective. As part of your day-to-day, you will collaborate with, support, and empower internal and external studios to help elevate their game's vision. You will manage This includes managing development from concept to post-launch to deliver high quality, engaging games that achieve franchise initiatives, as well as attain their financial and schedule goals on timescheduling goals. A key to your success will be your ability to build strong working relationships with business unit partners, including Marketing, Finance, and PR. You are a self-motivated, organized leader with great follow-through skills and the ability to overcome complex challenges to ensure our products meet both the business goals and high-quality standards expected in Activision's portfolio of games.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Develop healthy relationship with development teams in order to successfully collaborate, influence, and support them.
- Collaborate with Marketing to execute plans for the product lines, brands, and lines of business.
- Participate and contribute to Greenlight process and presentations to the Executive Leadership Team.
- Improve existing and/or create new processes to help improve communication and efficiencies.
- Facilitate interaction between development team and legal department.
- Be an internal and external advocate for the product and support as needed at trade shows and PR events.
- Evaluate and judge gameplay in its current state and its trajectory towards close against industry standards. Identify what plays and looks good and how to drive improvements toward greatness by leveraging qualitative assessments.
- Drive projects to commercial and critical success.
- Participate in franchise planning and product strategies.
- Track build deliverables and manage feedback and input from various groups at Activision HQ to the developer.
- Direct the Quality Assurance and Localization process to ensure a high quality experience and great reputation for the product.
- Manage and track game development with internal/external studios across all SKUs of a mainline product(s).
- Identify weaknesses, bottlenecks, and risks in the schedule.
- Troubleshoot communication and schedule dependency problems with team leadership.
- Maintain documentation necessary to keep all partners coordinated.
- Create, manage, and track development budgets, including but not limited to internal studios, outsourced support, localizations, voice over, music, and licenses.
- Collaborate with Product Marketing and Finance on strategies to accomplish P&L and AOP objectives.
- Identify budget risks and mitigation plans.
- Bachelor's Degree or equivalent level of industry experience required.
- Minimum 7 years of console game development or publisher production experience with at least 1 year as a Sr. Producer or equivalent level.
- A solid background and understanding of multi-platform video game production with experience shipping at least 3 game projects [full lifecycle from concept to launch] on XboxOne, PlayStation 4, Switch, and/or PC.
- Experience effectively collaborating with internal teams and development studios within the video game industry.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal; proven experience communicating with all levels of an organization, including cross-functional partners, external teams, and executives.
- Track record of budget, project, and people management within a scaled organization.
- Experience working on games with a live-services component.
- Familiarity with project management processes and methodologies.
- Knowledgeable about games and trends in the industry, including Monetization, E-Sports, Free-to-Play and other ways games are expanding beyond the core mainline experience.
- Experience working with Marketing, Finance, PR, and Supply Chain
- Excellent leadership, interpersonal, and organizational skills
- Positive attitude and passion for making games.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for 'Every World' - we've got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Back to top