Job Title:Senior Physics Engineer - Infinity Ward
Job Description:Your Mission
Infinity Ward is looking for a talented Senior Physics Engineer.This Engineer will maintain and improve upon our proprietary physics framework, pipeline and feature-set, all built around Microsoft's Havok. They should possess strong practical knowledge of C/C++ at both low and application levels and have a good understanding of 3D math.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Drive our collision data pipeline to create the highest fidelity scalable environments and assets
- Architect and support simulation and query behaviors to maintain our position at the cutting edge of FPS physics related gameplay and visuals
- Collaborate with other internal departments to schedule and execute on the game's design requirements
- Deploy, evaluate performance, optimize, and test software on PC and console platforms
- Collaborate with other Activision studios across the world
- 5+ years of experience working as an engineer in the game industry or a similar industry
- Significant experience with physics pipeline requirements and runtime behaviors. Direct experience with Havok is a plus
- Proven ability to collaborate, coordinate, communicate and support other team members
- Demonstrated ability to write efficient, performant, clean, readable, portable, and reliable code
- Passion for games
About Infinity Ward
Founded in 2002, Infinity Ward is the original studio behind the Call of Duty® franchise. The titles developed by Infinity Ward have won more than 200 "Game of the Year" awards and 100 "Editor's Choice" awards, among many other industry accolades. Some of our previous titles include: Call of Duty®: Ghosts, Call of Duty®: Infinite Warfare and most recently, Call of Duty®: Modern Warfare. Infinity Ward employs more than 250 people in Woodland Hills, CA, just outside of Los Angeles.
A critically acclaimed studio, Infinity Ward is proud to have one of the most passionate and talented development teams in the industry. We love to have as much fun as the games we create, and it shows in our relaxed, yet diligent, workplace environment. We believe that making the best games relies on having the best people, so we like to look after ours. We enjoy having fun with top-notch events that everyone gets involved with.
Infinity Ward is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at https://www.infinityward.com/, on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/InfinityWard/, and @InfinityWard on Twitter.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for 'Every World' - we've got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Infinity Ward is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.