Senior MP Gameplay Engineer - Sledgehammer Games
- Foster City, CA
Job Title:Senior MP Gameplay Engineer - Sledgehammer Games
Job Description:Your Platform
Located in the San Francisco Bay Area and Melbourne, Australia - we're the videogame development team behind Call of Duty ® : Modern Warfare 3, Call of Duty ® : Advanced Warfare and Call of Duty ® : WWII . Since our founding in 2009, our greatest passion has been making AAA games. The strength of our team makes us not only excellent at what we do, but also how we do it. We firmly believe in supporting our talented employees to be the best they can be. Here at Sledgehammer Games, everyone is a game maker.
As we head into decade II of development, we're focused on constantly evolving, innovating and taking risks - which are some of the most rewarding aspects of game development. With world-class audio, design, engineering and art teams, we've been able to achieve some of the highest-quality game execution of any studio in the industry. We love what we do and work hard to make sure that each new game we make is even better than the last. Creativity is key, and we're looking for talented game developers for our exciting next project.
Sledgehammer Games is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.sledgehammergames.com or search for Sledgehammer Games on your favorite social media platform. Want to hear what it's like at the studio directly from current employees? Check out our #LifeatSHG developer profiles: https://youtu.be/12DUBszg-w4
As a Senior MP Gameplay Engineer you will develop and drive multiplayer gameplay systems. The candidate will utilize a scripting language and C/C++. The Senior Gameplay Engineer will be working hand-in-hand with designers and artists to prototype, iterate, and execute on the online multiplayer experience. Additionally, the Senior Gameplay Engineer is expected to be a technical lead for gameplay features by monitoring frame rate, memory, bandwidth, content usage, risk assessment, bugs, etc.
Qualified candidates must be self-starters, able to operate in a highly dynamic environment, and have concise execution during times of high stress. This is a great opportunity for someone who has a solid technical background, a passion for the gaming industry and enjoys working with a powerful engineering team. This position reports to the Lead Multiplayer Gameplay Engineer and will interact directly with all disciplines of the development team.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Design, write, debug and refine multiplayer systems, features, tools and infrastructure.
- Provides technical insight regarding multiplayer gameplay design and feature sets.
- Work with designers and other engineers to prototype, develop, and refine features.
- Reports to the Lead Multiplayer Engineer.
- Create complex software systems that usher in the next generation of award-winning game development
- Architect, design, implement, debug, optimize and test these systems in C++ and other languages
- Inspire and grow other engineers by establishing mutual trust and respect, intense comradery, frank honesty, and joy in each other's success
- Discover or invent leading edge game industry technologies, practices, tools and systems. Continually raise the bar.
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or relevant discipline
- At least 5-10 years of experience in the game industry or other relevant experience
- Strong object-oriented design and knowledge of C/C++
- Experience with mutliplatform development (Xbox, PlayStation, PC)
- Extensive experience with multiplayer gameplay of two or more shipped games, PC or console
- Mastery of two or more game development technologies such as performance and optimization, graphics, 3D math, physics, collision detection, or AI
- Ability to collaborate and communicate with other engineers to obtain optimal results
- Knowledgeable in network protocols, client/server and peer-to-peer architecture.
- A passion multiplayer first person shooters.
- Experience with scripting languages (C#, Lua)
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for 'Every World' - we've got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Sledgehammer Games is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Back to top