Senior Manager - Technical Accounting & Management Reporting
- Santa Monica, CA
Job Title:Senior Manager - Technical Accounting & Management Reporting
Job Description:Job Title: Sr. Manager, Technical Accounting and Management Reporting
Reporting To: Director, SEC Reporting and VP, Financial reporting
Department: Financial Reporting
Location: Santa Monica, California
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain. Located in our global headquarters in Santa Monica, we encompass equal parts agility, creativity and rigor to enhance the employee and player experience. To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB.
The Senior Manager, Technical Accounting and Management Reporting is a critical role in the corporate controller & accounting office as well as the worldwide Finance Team. Overall, the responsibility of this role is to (1) ensure that we have complied with all accounting requirements under US GAAP, with a special focus on revenue recognition and the application of new accounting standards to support our emerging business models, (2) ownership of our forecasted GAAP guidance we provide to the investment community quarterly, and (3) analyze consolidated results and support reporting of results to senior management (CFO, COO, CEO) and the Board of Directors. The individual will work closely with the business units to ensure a deep understanding of our business activities and results, address accounting and finance related issues and developments, and will have close interaction with the senior leadership team.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Perform technical research and consult with management and the external auditors to ensure that proper accounting treatment is applied and documented for all revenue transactions, including unusual and non-recurring transactions
- Provide ownership around key quarterly management reporting materials that analyze actual results vs forecast and prior year;
- Oversee the Manager, Technical Accounting and Revenue Recognition, and work closely with the financial planning team to develop and present the GAAP forecast
- Work closely with a Senior Accountant to manage and own company wide bonus program calculations and results, with results presented to senior management
- Work in partnership with business units to provide support and guidance for potential new business models and revenue streams
- Consider implication of new accounting pronouncements on our current policy and standards and provide leadership on the adoption of such standards;
- Provide training to accounting, finance, and business teams on new and existing accounting standards, as relevant
- CPA with a Bachelor's degree in Accounting
- Minimum experience of 7 or 8 years with one of the Big 4 accounting firms and/or commercial experience at the Senior Manager level with a strong track record of technical accounting and research
- Strong US GAAP and accounting skills required, most notably in the area of revenue recognition, with the ability to summarize accounting issues in easy-to-follow formats
- Strong analytical skills and critical thinking with the ability to analyze financial results
- Strong communication and presentation skills - able to interface with C level executives
- Able to effectively manage team members and prioritize tasks
- Strong understanding of SEC / external reporting
- Broad background in dealing with different companies and issues
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for 'Every World' - we've got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Back to top