Senior Manager, Personalization Engineering
- Santa Monica, CA
Job Title:Senior Manager, Personalization Engineering
Job Description:Job Title:Sr Manager, Personalization Engineering
Reporting To: Director, Engineering - Consumer Tech
Department: Consumer Technology
Location: Santa Monica, CA
As aSenior Manager, Engineering at Activision,you will work within the Consumer Technology group to build innovative and impactful AI driven applications and tools that help to build loyalty and drive engagement across Activision game titles. Candidates should have development experience of large scale personalization systems while leading a team of talented engineers.
Key responsibilities include:
- Lead the day to day development of real-time decision engines and personalization systems leveraging A/B testing, rules, and machine learning that drive communications and content in and around Activision games
- Manage a team of software and machine learning engineers working on data-driven personalization technology
- Develop large-scale AI driven player engagement platforms that support our live game services across channels including in-game, mobile, and web
- Build and maintain effective relationships with our customers and partners in the Data, Analytics, Studios and Business groups.
- At least 50% of this role will be hands on development
- Work in a collaborative environment with some pretty cool people, and HUGE amounts of data
Year 1 Success:
- Delivery of monetization and engagement use cases including A/B testing, machine learning, and automations in partnership with business unit and analytics teams
- Increase velocity and operability by building and deliver phase one of M/L platform in partnership with analytics and data teams
- Integration of web-based features in at least one game in 2020 in partnership with studios
- Demonstrated leadership experience in a software development environment.
- Proven experience in prototyping, evaluating, development and delivery of bespoke Machine Learning (Deep Learning) models.
- Ability to formulate, review and recommend software solutions in support of business objectives based on prior experience and hands-on understanding of how products and services interrelate.
- Solid experience with high-volume consumer facing software systems, including architecting and building highly scalable distributed systems
- Leader in all aspects of the software development lifecycle including planning, technical design, development, documentation, testing and deployment.
- Strong programming skills and proficiency in languages like Java, Python, Scala, Kotlin or similar.
- Solid CS background including concurrent programming,system architecture principles,and data structures.
- Desired experience developing high-volume data processing applications using Apace Spark / Airflow.
- Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience (Master's Degree desirable)
We're headquartered in Santa Monica, California, housing multiple teams across many disciplines of Marketing, PR, Sales, Supply Chain and other corporate functions such as HR, IT, Legal, Facilities and Finance. Santa Monica is the nerve center of our company, where the best ideas combine with unrivalled rigor to create the biggest and best entertainment experiences in the world.
Great Games Start with Great People! This is an exciting time to join us!
Activision has been changing the way people play for the past 40 years-as the leading developer and publisher of video games, our teams have created some of the world's biggest, most ground-breaking, and beloved entertainment franchises in the industry. Ask anyone who works at Activision what their favorite thing about it is, and they'll tell you it's the people. We have world class brands, infrastructure, and resources, but our success comes from people producing greatness together. We are nothing without our employee's brilliance.
Activision is more than just the leading developer and publisher of video games; we are the creators of some of the world's biggest, most ground-breaking titles in the industry. Our current portfolio includes Call of Duty®, Skylanders®, and Crash Bandicoot™.
Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ: ATVI), headquartered in Santa Monica, California with locations across the globe, is one of the largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies in the world. Sitting at the intersection of media, technology, and entertainment, our employees are some of the best and brightest across engineering, entertainment, media, and technology.
A member of the S&P 500 Activision Blizzard is proud to be included as one of FORTUNE's "100 Best Companies To Work For®," "World's Best Employers," as well as "Most Admired Companies." In 2019 we were honored to receive a perfect score on our entry to the Corporate Equality Index as a Best Workplace for LGBTQ professionals and once again made Fast Company's World's Most Innovative Companies in Gaming.
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Back to top