Senior Manager - Corporate Communications
- Santa Monica, CA
Job Title:Senior Manager - Corporate Communications
Job Description:Job Title: Senior Manager - Corporate Communications
Reporting To: Vice President - Corporate Communications
Department: Corporate Communications
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain. Located in our global headquarters in Santa Monica, we encompass equal parts agility, creativity and rigor to enhance the employee and player experience. To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB.
The Senior Manager will help execute the external communications strategy by supporting the day-to-day media relations and serve as the key representative in corporate communications to the gaming and media press. S/he will support the management of AB earned media outreach and be responsible for preparing materials to support earned media and executive visibility and will partner closely with Activision Blizzard's global Finance, Investor Relations, Legal, and Franchise Communications teams to help develop and execute the communications strategy to bring the company's mission and vision to life.
The successful candidate will have excellent written and verbal communication skills and demonstrated experience developing external communications and securing earned media with gaming and entertainment media. S/he must have experience either in the gaming industry and/or with the gaming media. The successful candidate must have the willingness to put in extra hours when required, be detail oriented, and deliver high-level projects on deadline.
The individual will be a critical member of the Communications department and will report directly to the Vice President of Corporate Communications.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Support the execution of the Corporate External Communicationsstrategy and plan.
- Develop a variety of externally facing written content
- Edit copy and provide content feedback
- Become a content expert by developing a deep understanding of the organization's mission and impact of its work
- Cultivate positive relationships with key beat reporters and primary business, consumer and trade outlets covering Activision Blizzard
- Actively engage in media outreach and prioritizing media opportunities.
- Assist with preparation of talking points, speeches, presentations and other supporting material to promote the company brand among target audience
- Partner with cross-functional departments to drive the communications strategy
- At least 8 years of previous experience in a broad range of corporate communications functions,
- Must have excellent understanding of effective media relations practices and working knowledge of media outreach approaches
- Must have experience with gaming community and/or gaming media
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills are a must
- Entrepreneurial and a hands-on style with a strong bias for action and results while working effectively in an innovative, unstructured environment that values collaboration without ego
- Operates at a high level of intensity, acting with a sense of urgency without sacrificing excellence
- Outstanding organization and project management skills, with ability to see big picture and have attention to meticulous detail
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Bachelor's degree required
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for 'Every World' - we've got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Back to top