Senior Manager - Commercial Finance & Operations
- Santa Monica, CA
Job Title:Senior Manager - Commercial Finance & Operations
Job Description:Job Title: Senior Manager - Commercial Finance & Operations
Reporting To: Senior Director - Commercial Finance & Operations
Department: Global Commercial Finance
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain. Located in our global headquarters in Santa Monica, we encompass equal parts agility, creativity and rigor to enhance the employee and player experience. To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB.
As the video games industry continues to shift, Activision has a need more than ever to make sure that the Digital Full Game download trends are aligned to deliver the great games that we plan on making. This role will evolve over time, but in general, your responsibilities are to:
- Support core financial processes (pacing, quarter close and forecasting) by providing analysis on core business performance, consolidation of metrics, and business perspective.
- Develop and track KPIs (Key Performance Indicators) and assess reporting needs to enhance insight into the business and highlight areas of operational improvement, including Digital Customer P&L forecasting, Forecasting and reporting on actual performance of pre-sells, sell-thru trends and promotional results.
- Act as a trusted business partner to digital and retail commercial teams.
- Leverage analytics and financial analysis to deliver insights that drive action
- Work with Digital Commerce to understand, challenge and align on forecasting of Full-Game downloads, promotional cadence and depth of promotions in order to maximize Operating Income.
- Provide analytical support for longer-range planning initiatives.
- Provide other ad-hoc analysis in support for commercial initiatives as needed.
- Showcase the power of personal engagement; you'll forge strong working relationships with people at all levels of the organization, adjusting your approach and style to different groups, and quickly develop an understanding of where your key resources lie.
- Consistently be on the lookout for process optimization opportunities; you will articulate your ideas clearly and persuasively demonstrate how your ideas can positively affect the firm's bottom line.
- Attention to detail is a must - this individual is responsible for reports that are distributed to Senior Executives throughout the Activision Blizzard organization.
In addition to the qualifications and mindset summarized above, the ideal candidate will have:
- Bachelor's degree in Business Administration, Finance, Economics, Accounting or Operations;
- 5+ years of financial planning experience with strong financial modeling skills
- High proficiency with Microsoft Excel & Power Point is required
- Excellent communication skills to interface with a diverse set of stakeholders in a global environment (including Finance team members and functional leaders); ability to summarize analyses and recommendations and present to leadership.
- Previous experience of managing a team
- "Can-do" attitude with a desire to learn
- Organizational savvy to handle multiple business priorities simultaneously and prioritize and complete work within stringent deadlines
- Ability to travel on an as-needed basis
- MBA preferred
- Experience using Oracle & Hyperion financial tools
- Previous experience in similar roles in the video game or technology industries preferred
- Passion for or curiosity about video games
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for 'Every World' - we've got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Back to top