Senior Lighting Artist - (Open to Remote)
Toys for Bob, a collaborative team of stellar individuals that have inspired love, joy, and laughter through epic AAA entertainment for more than 30 years, is open to remote work! Our passion for developing award-winning games with diverse genres includes the Crash Bandicoot®, Call of Duty®, Overwatch®, Spyro®, Skylanders®, and Tony Hawk® franchises. We are constantly evolving and support our growing employees to be as innovative as they can be. Toys for Bob's experienced developers are looking for creative individuals ready to take on exciting and new projects. Join us!
Toys for Bob is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, visit us at www.toysforbob.com and @ToysForBob on Twitter.
As a Lighting Artist, you will report directly to our Art Director. We are looking for a dedicated Artist who enjoys handling a wide variety of work, is eager to learn new techniques and tools, and has a deep passion for creative storytelling.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Collaborate with various teams to deliver a quality realistic style for compelling game environments
- Produce high-end visuals within memory constraints and performance guidelines
- Assist in the documentation and communication of technical and process guidelines for lighting creation and implementation
- Develop and maintain an efficient organizational structure for all lighting assets
- Identify, anticipate, and report any potential production problems to your Lead
- 5+ years of industry experience and 1+ shipped AAA title
- Experience with Unreal, Unity, or other proprietary engines
- Expertise in the development and implementation of lighting systems and post-process effects
Knowledge and Skills:
- Excellent understanding of color and color theory, space, material, and light in relation to their application in games
- Knowledge of game engines, tools, pipelines, and development processes
- Ability to research and develop lighting techniques; envision or address tools needs, report, and fix bugs
- Proactive, self-motivated, and able to translate visual reference or concept successfully into the game without direct supervision
- Able to work collaboratively with the team leads to achieving solutions
- Open to feedback but also possess an excellent capacity to solve creative and technical problems and present a compelling vision
- Motivated to learn our internal tools and seek out the information you need to build beautiful environments within budget
- Knowledge of Maya, Materials, and scripting a plus
- Experience with one or more scripting/programming languages
- Experience with PBR & HDR lighting
- Knowledge of photography principles and image correction techniques
- Passion for first-person shooter games
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty®, World of Warcraft®, Overwatch®, Diablo®, Candy Crush™ and Bubble Witch™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovative worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional, and financial well-being for 'Every World' - we've got our employees covered!
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Toys for Bob is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.