Senior Lighting Artist
- Madison, WI
Job Title:Senior Lighting Artist
Job Description:RAVEN SOFTWARE , developer of numerous award-winning games, including contributions to the blockbuster Call of Duty franchise, is looking for a passionate Senior Lighting Artist to join our team as we continue to develop the best games in the industry. This position will play a key role in the team development and coordination of our world-class Art department.
- Lead lighting implementation across multiplayer and single player levels
- Collaborate with creative directors, art directors and level leads in the development of level lighting to establish a compelling, cohesive look
- Contribute innovative and original ideas towards all aspects of game production and development
- Assist in the documentation and communication of technical and process guidelines for lighting creation and implementation
- 5+ years industry experience with at least 2 titles shipped on next gen platforms
- Proven ability to produce compelling visuals through lighting on these platforms, showcased in a portfolio demonstrating considerable range of experience with lighting of environments and characters; cinematics a plus
- Proactive, self-motivated, decisive and results-oriented; able to translate visual reference or concept effectively into the game without direct supervision
- Expertise in development & implementation of lighting systems and post-process effects
- Excellent understanding of color and color theory, space, material and light in relation to their application in games
- Excellent understanding of game engines, tools, pipelines and development processes
- Able to collaborate with the team leads to achieve solutions that work for all disciplines
- Open to criticism but also possessing an excellent capacity to solve creative and technical problems, and present a compelling vision
- Ability to research and develop lighting techniques; envision or address tools needs, report and solve bugs
- Proficiency with color grading and shader development
- Digital matte painting experience; skybox generation through digital matte painting techniques and/or procedural tools, such as Vue
The ideal candidate will also have:
- Knowledge of the Call of Duty franchise.
- Strong understanding of the FPS gameplay including knowledge of the best-in-class games in the genre.
A strong portfolio that showcases lighting techniques is a must
Located in Madison, Wisconsin, RAVEN SOFTWARE offers an upscale work environment with state-of-the-art workstations, competitive compensation, a fun, collaborative environment, affordable living and an exceptional quality of life.
Back to top