Senior Level Designer - High Moon Studios
- Carlsbad, CA
Job Title:Senior Level Designer - High Moon Studios
Job Description:Senior Level Designer - High Moon Studios
Great Games Start with Great People! This is a significant time in our company's history - and one of the most exciting times to join us! We are seeking an imaginative, skillful, and versatile Senior Designer to join our team inCarlsbad, California. If you want to work with a fun, collaborative team on the world's most popular game franchises, then this may be the position you've been waiting for!
- Manage (4-6) designers in the creation of single player content (levels, player mechanics, ai behaviors, scripted moments)
- Review in-progress design work and provide regular feedback to the team
- Provide mentorship and leadership to the design team
- Conduct performance reviews and regular employee 1:1's
- Create and pitch high level ideas to the team
- Collaborate with other leads and producers on the implementation of cross discipline mechanics
- Possess a comprehensive understanding of the design process including level design, weapons, AI, controls,UI, etc.
- Ability to use scripting tools to prototype gameplay experiences or debug technical issues
- Provide feedback to Production and help create development schedules for design
- Help manage task sign-off for design through software tools (i.e. Jira)
- Able to take high level direction from your lead and execute independently
- Review and critique in-progress content with our external partners
- A minimum of 8 years of game design experience, shipping at least one title as a Lead or SeniorDesigner
- AAA game shipped
- FPS/Action/Coop gameplay experience
- Strong scripting skills
High Moon Studios
Founded in 2002, High Moon Studios is an award-winning studio developing for the Call of Duty® franchise, with past development on over 15 titles including Call of Duty: Modern Warfare , Bungie's Destiny 2: Forsaken, and Transformers: Fall of Cybertron . We employ more than 100 people in Carlsbad, CA, a seaside city in San Diego County.
Our pride is our people and the experiences we have successfully created for our fans. High Moon's talent is comprised of gifted entertainment and technology professionals responsible for some of the most successful games ever made. We have award-winning developers, published artists and specialists recognized as among the best in their fields. Our studio has a history of using innovative techniques designed to boost productivity and product quality, which in turn enhances our studio's quality of life.
High Moon Studios is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us at www.highmoonstudios.com .
Back to top