Senior Global Growth Strategist - Call of Duty
- Santa Monica, CA
Job Title:Senior Global Growth Strategist - Call of Duty
Job Description:Job Title: Senior Global Growth Strategist - Call of Duty
Reporting To: Head of AB Growth and Head of Call of Duty Marketing
Department: AB Growth
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain. Located in our global headquarters in Santa Monica, we encompass equal parts agility, creativity and rigor to enhance the employee and player experience. To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB.
As Senior Global Growth Strategist - Call of Duty you will manage and support paid media campaigns for Call of Duty. This position will work closely with the Global Director of Media Strategy to build cross-platform, "audience first" media plans that maximize player value across the entire user-journey. Creating a connection and bridge from strategy to our in-house media activation team and regional teams will be paramount to the success of this role. To assist this, the role will be responsible for the day-to-day planning, coordination, and management of campaigns. Furthermore, he/she will be required to develop and maintain an intimate knowledge of the Call of Duty business and ensure all requirements are executed in a timely and accurate manner. The ideal candidate is passionate and knowledgeable about digital marketing, is a team player, an independent thinker, and effective communicator. Autonomy, agility, and poise will be markers of success.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Developing strategic media recommendations that define target audience, channel mix, media KPIs, and integrate competitive/marketplace considerations
- Integrating consumer behavior insights, competitive intelligence and other marketplace considerations into the planning process
- Collaborating with Media & Analytics functional groups to help create testing opportunities, measurement frameworks, creative spec sheets, and process improvements
- Act as liaison to business stakeholders, leveraging strategic vision to inform, consult, and recommend innovative solutions to unique business challenges
- Working with internal tools and staff to quantitatively and qualitatively analyze campaign delivery and optimize performance on an ongoing basis.
- Using qualitative and quantitative research to develop insights, identify shifts in consumer behavior, and keep the team updated on the changing digital media landscape
- Reviewing tactical components of media campaigns to ensure strategic media objectives are met
- Managing key operational tasks that enable local and regional activation teams to successfully launch and optimize campaigns
- Facilitating creative asset development, organization, and delivery to Media Activation team
- Overseeing timelines, coordinate budget process, and handle ad-hoc day-to-day requests
- BA / BS degree in marketing, advertising or related field
- A minimum of 4 years of digital media analysis and planning experience from a media agency or similar
- Experience with launching and optimizing media campaigns using complex data segmentations
- Successful track record working on large-scale, digital direct response initiatives & brand-building campaigns
- Deep understanding of ad servers, DMPs, planning tools
- Passion for video games
- Prior entertainment client and/or communications planning experience
- Experience with TV and OOH planning
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for 'Every World' - we've got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Back to top