Senior Environment Artist
- Albany, NY
Job Title:Senior Environment Artist
Job Description:Your Platform
Founded in 1991, Vicarious Visions has made hundreds of games, in every genre, on every conceivable game platform in the known universe. We are a studio that is built to last. Our philosophy of combining cutting-edge tech with creative innovation is evidenced in all of our products. We've worked on some of the most successful game franchises, including Skylanders ®, Guitar Hero ™, Marvel: Ultimate Alliance , Crash Bandicoot ™, Spider-Man ™ and Tony Hawk ™. Our studio is located in beautiful upstate New York, only a couple of hours from NYC with access to all the Northeast has to offer.
We thrive on a culture of collaboration, respect and fun. We have built a welcoming and relaxed workplace that invites creativity and encourages individual voices. We not only give our developers a safe and warm place to incubate and grow their ideas, but also the tools and support necessary to turn those ideas into impactful and memorable experiences.
Vicarious Visions is wholly owned by Activision. To learn more about our studio, please visit us atwww.vvisions.com and @VvisionsStudio on Twitter.
As a Senior Environment Artist, you will create cutting-edge environments and worlds. This is a senior-level role and pivotal to the creation of our stunning visuals for our AAA titles.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Create models/textures and assemble scenes for architectural and organic environments.
- Work closely with the Art Director, a team of artists, and level designers to assemble and detail game environments.
- Troubleshoot and maintain levels to stay within design spec, art, and memory/framerate budgets.
- Communicate effectively with other team members to ensure that projects goals are met.
- You have significant industry experience with a proven track record of shipping AAA titles.
- You possess proficiency in Maya or 3ds Max, Photoshop, Zbrush, Substance Designer/Painter.
- You have an exceptional understanding of forms, shapes, and silhouettes as it pertains to modeling.
- You have the proven ability to demonstrate and execute multiple art styles.
- You possess the ability to visualize and build levels with minimal concept art and direction.
- You have a strong technical ability to manage memory, frame rate limits, and budgets.
- You are a self-starter, requiring minimal direction, and can commit to deadlines while carrying a vision through to completion.
- You thrive in a collaborative environment, work well with other team members, are flexible to change, and can give/receive feedback.
- You are deadline-oriented, can manage and organize work to ensure deadlines are met with the ability to adjust to changes.
- Experience creating high-quality 3D architecture, environments, lighting, and levels for shipped AAA games titles.
- Possess a foundation in traditional arts.
- Experience with Unreal Engine.
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for 'Every World' - we've got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Vicarious Visions is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Back to top