Senior Environment Artist
Job Title:Senior Environment Artist
Job Description: Your Mission
Your mission is to create cutting-edge environments and worlds. This is a senior-level role and pivotal to the creation of our stunning visuals for our AAA titles.
- Work closely with the Art Director, a team of artists, and level designers to assemble and detail game environments.• Create models/textures and assemble scenes for architectural and organic environments.
- Troubleshoot and maintain levels to stay within design spec, art, and memory/framerate budgets.
- Communicate effectively with other team members to ensure that projects goals are met.
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned.
- You have significant industry experience with a proven track record of shipping AAA titles
- You possess proficiency in Maya or 3ds Max, Photoshop, Zbrush, Substance Designer/Painter.
- You have an exceptional understanding of forms, shapes, and silhouettes as it pertains to modeling
- You have the proven ability to demonstrate and execute multiple art styles.
- You possess the ability to visualize and build levels with minimal concept art and direction.
- You have a strong technical ability to manage memory, frame rate limits, and budgets.
- You are a self-starter, requiring minimal direction and can commit to deadlines while carrying a vision through to completion
- You thrive in a collaborative environment, who works well with other team members, is flexible to change, and can give/receive feedback.
- You are deadline-oriented, can manage and organize work to ensure deadlines are met with the ability to adjust to changes
- Experience creating high-quality 3D architecture, environments, lighting, and levels for shipped AAA games titles is a strong plus
- Possess a foundation in traditional arts a plus
- Experience with Unreal Engine a plus
In 2019, Vicarious Visions celebrated its 28th year in the industry. Over the years, we have made hundreds of games, in every genre, on every conceivable game platform in the known universe.
We are a studio that is built to last.Our philosophy of combining cutting-edge tech with creative innovation is evidenced in all of our products. We've worked on some of the most successful game franchises, including Crash Bandicoot™, Destiny 2™, Skylanders™, Guitar Hero™, Marvel Ultimate Alliance™, Spider-Man™, and Tony Hawk™.
We thrive on a culture of teamwork, respect, and fun. We have built a welcoming and relaxed workplace that invites creativity and encourages individual voices. We not only give our developers a safe and warm place to incubate and grow their ideas but the tools and support necessary to turn those ideas into impactful and memorable experiences.
Back to top