Senior Business Analyst (Techno/Functional), Business Systems
- Austin, TX
Job Title:Senior Business Analyst (Techno/Functional), Business Systems
Job Description:Job Title: Senior Business Analyst (Techno/Functional), Business Systems
Reporting To: Sr. Manager of IT
Department: Information Technology
Location: Austin, TX
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain. Located in our global headquarters in Santa Monica, we encompass equal parts agility, creativity and rigor to enhance the employee and player experience. To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB.
As a Senior Business Analyst (Techno/Functional), Business Systems you will be versatile and highly motivated individual who works with the other IT team members and Business Users on the Technical and Functional requirements definition, design, implementation and maintenance of systems
The ideal candidate should also possess a working knowledge of supporting Oracle tools: XML or BI publisher, OA Framework, Oracle Forms, Oracle Reports, Oracle Workflow, Oracle Web ADI, supporting third-party tools (TOAD, SQL developer) and configuration and maintenance of existing Oracle applications. The position will work with the Sr. Manager of IT and Business Users in defining, prioritizing and executing application enhancements, projects and end-user support.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
• Ensure IT alignment with the business through delivery of quality technology solutions
• Requirements gathering and scope definition with non-technical Business User constituencies.
• The ability to interview various non-technical managers to understand complex, dynamic business rules/process and then create detailed, specific and comprehensive documentation.
• Engage Business Users spanning multiple departments and ensure cohesive articulation of business goals and processes to ensure effective solutions.
• Engage Business Users to support all necessary clarification to design and implement an effective solution.
• Manage components of a project plan or projects.
• Manage and address support tickets of various priority.
• Strong functional understanding of the systems supported and the development framework for customizations.
• Verification of feasibility of Business User's request functionality and business rules based on existing technical systems and data structures.
• Manage multiple priorities, projects in fast paced and dynamic environment
• Work with third Party logistics providers
• Provide training and documentation when required
• Ability to create and present key requirements artifacts, Scope Documents, Use Cases, Detailed Specification of Key Business Rules, Test plans and Test scenarios, Activity Diagrams, Business Process Mapping Diagrams and Documentation, Application Gap analysis
• Other duties may be assigned.
- Bachelor's degree in a related technical/business discipline with typically a minimum of 8+ years professional experience, with 6 to 8 years' experience (70% functional and 30% technical) and 4+ lifecycle implementations for the Finance Oracle EBS 11i or R12 modules (R12 preferred).
- Strong knowledge of the Oracle EBS "Invoice to Cash", "Procure to Pay" and "Record to Report" processes.
- Good knowledge of the following Oracle E-Business Suite R12 modules: iExpense, iProcurement, Accounts Payable, Accounts Receivable, General Ledger, Fixed Assets, Cash Management, Tax, AGIS, Consolidation and underlying database objects.
- Experience with Global implementations of Oracle applications R12.
- Knowledge of any of these applications: Sabrix, AP Imaging (Kofax Markview/Kofax Transformation Module) and integration of the third-party systems with Oracle R12
- Experience with development and delivery of system documentations, such as requirements documents, test plans, and design documents
- Look for opportunities and make recommendations for improvements to existing Activision applications and architectures, including configurations
- Must be a resourceful, self-motivated individual with strong verbal, written and presentation skills.
- Ability to work independently, without appreciable direction and within a team environment
- Ability to identify system impact for small and large-scale initiatives.
- Knowledge of Project and/or Principles and Practices of Software Development Life Cycle.
- Experience with Microsoft Office, Visio, and Project.
- Ability to gracefully manage multiple priorities, commitments and projects in fast- paced dynamic environment
- Assist business communities with acceptance testing of results, either for an enhancement to the existing applications or when introducing new functionality in a service request or project
- Conduct feasibility studies for Oracle software under consideration for purchase and provide findings and considerations.
- Troubleshoot and resolve technical/functional production issues
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Should have working knowledge in EBS 12.2 applications development with emphasis on workflows, interfaces and other technical functions
- Should have used Oracle SQL Loader/External File Utilities to load files
- PL/SQL development - troubleshoot Oracle Packages, stored procedures, functions, triggers, views, Cursors and Materialized views for processing data.
- Write simple to complex queries to support audit requests or business partners' reporting requests
- Experience utilizing tools such as Data loader, PLSQL, BI Publisher, OAF, SQL Developer, and TOAD
- Kofax Products Suite:
- Kofax MarkView for Oracle EBS (10.x Kofax Capture (v11.x),
- Kofax Transformation Module (v6.x), Kofax Import Connector (v2.x) ,
- Kofax Analytics for MarkView (1.x)
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for 'Every World' - we've got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Back to top