Senior Analyst, Strategy & Market Research
- Santa Monica, CA
Job Title:Senior Analyst, Strategy & Market Research
Job Description:Job Title: Senior Analyst, Strategy & Market Research
Reporting To: Director, Strategy & Business Intelligence
Department: Strategy & Business Intelligence
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Founded in 1979, Activision has continuously disrupted the world of entertainment as a leader in the videogame industry. With a history of delivering iconic game changers -- like Pitfall ® , Tony Hawk ®, Guitar Hero ®, Crash Bandicoot™, Skylanders ™ and Call of Duty ® -- our obsession is delighting our players around the globe. Focused and committed to innovation, we consistently deliver the most beloved, engaging and successful entertainment.
And while we have world-class franchises, infrastructure and resources, our success comes from a passionate, talented and diverse team of people producing greatness together. So, if you're interested in our biggest priority, it's our people.
We're currently driving the next era for our company and community by creating amazing experiences for fans and continuing to make Activision an inclusive place where everyone can thrive.
Join us, make history. To learn more, check us out at www.activision.com, www.activisiongamesblog.com or @Activision on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn.
As a Senior Analyst, Strategy & Market Research you will play a key, active role on a high caliber team driving the Business Unit's titles and franchise strategy. You will support the team's effort in formulating title and franchise strategy, analyzing industry data and reports to derive insights and recommendations. In this role, you will be working with and presenting to a wide range of business stakeholders, including senior leadership across the organization.
Priorities can often change in a fast-paced environment like ours, so this role includes, but is not limited to, the following responsibilities:
- Business/Market Insights & Forecasting
- Analyze and understand trends and market forecasts in gaming across all relevant platforms and business models relevant to Activision Publishing
- Conduct research on industries, potential partners, and competitors
- Support strategic initiatives, deriving key strategic recommandations built on market trends and movements
- Manage company databases with relevant market research and industry estimates
- Manage a consolidated market forecast, incorporating information from market to capture changes in the industry across all platforms
- Project & Stakeholder Management
- Partner with game franchises and other functional stakeholders on projects, providing analytical support and market insights, to better inform decision making
- Prepare presentations and provide analyses and recommendations
- Develop a deep understanding of how our Game Franchises operate, the markets they play in, their strategic priorities and potential opportunities
- Ongoing Business Support
- Collaborate with analysts in other organizations to expand data integration and coverage in company database
- Assist in dissemination of data as needed, supporting enablement of other groups in accessing and interpreting external data sources
- BA or BS (pre-MBA) with 2+ years of work experience, ideally with some combination of experience in management consulting, investment banking, private equity, and/or corporate development and strategy at a leading media or technology company.
- Exceptional quantitative skills and financial acumen
- Advanced proficiency with analytical tools such as Microsoft Excel and in synthesizing data for an executive audience
- Persuasive communication skills, both written and verbal, particularly the ability to develop coherent arguments and present them concisely to a range of stakeholders
- Interest and passion for interactive entertainment and technology with the ability to learn complex industry topics quickly
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for 'Every World' - we've got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Back to top