Senior Analyst, Player Science
- Madison, WI
Job Title:Senior Analyst, Player Science
Job Description:Job Title: Sr. Analyst, Player Science
Reporting To: Manager, Player Science
Department: Global Analytics
Location: Madison, WI (Raven Studios)
Your Mission is:
The Player Science team is adding a talented Analyst embedded with one of our main Call of Duty studios - Raven Studios in Madison, Wisconsin. As a member of the Player Science team, your mission is to put science into decision making. Responsibilities include:
- Work closely with various stakeholders to answer mission-critical questions and make recommendations by translating data into insights through
- analysis of key metrics
- building effective visualizations
- data deep-dives
- evaluating experiments results
- Investigate topics related to user experience, segmentation, retention and monetization
- Advice on data instrumentation needs and work with engineers to ensure successful implementation
- Deliver presentations on analytic topics and results to both technical and non-technical audiences
As a top performer you have:
The ideal candidate will be a motivated data expert who wants to grow their toolset in a fast-paced environment and has a passion for video games. Your success will be reflected by:
- Demonstrated business impact, with a focus on player engagement, and player experience
- Clear, concise and data-driven insights leading to business action and the optimization of systems
- Relationships & communication - as an embedded team member, you build trust with the studio and are a conduit of knowledge to & from Global Analytics
- BA/BS degree required with a technical focus (e.g. computer science, physics, engineering) - advanced degree a plus
- 2+ years experience in customer/client facing analytics role
- Strong technical skills with SQL, R/ Python for data analysis, and visualization tools such as Tableau
- Skilled at deriving narrative from data and communicate the results effectively
- Play games, with a solid understanding of user engagement and monetization strategies in gaming, entertainment/ecommerce service providers, or mobile apps
- Work experience in cross-functional teams a plus
- Familiarity working in a notebook-based workflow a plus
We have a unique vision for our studio. One that continues to inspire us today. We bring no egos. We focus on what is best for the game. We hire stunning peers. We own our own mistakes. We treat each other with respect. After nearly 30 years, Raven Software continues to thrive. We have developed a team that cares about one another, our games, and our players. As we enter the exciting next chapter of our story, we are growing. Our team is creative, highly intelligent, well-led, and equipped to face this exciting future. We are Animators, Artists, Designers, Engineers, QA Testers, and much more, but above all else we are a team who believes in ourselves, our peers, our studio, and our games.
About Santa Monica Headquarter
We're headquartered in Santa Monica, California, housing multiple teams across many disciplines of Marketing, PR, Sales, Supply Chain and other corporate functions such as HR, IT, Legal, Facilities and Finance. Santa Monica is the nerve center of our company, where the best ideas combine with unrivalled rigor to create the biggest and best entertainment experiences in the world.
Great Games Start with Great People! This is an exciting time to join us!
Ask anyone who works at Activision, or with Activision, their favorite thing about it, and they'll tell you, it's the people. We have world class brands, infrastructure and resources, but our success doesn't come from assembly lines producing widgets. Our success comes from people producing greatness together. We are nothing without our employee's brilliance. So, if you're interested in our biggest priority, it's the people.
Activision is more than just the leading developer and publisher of video games; we are the creators of some of the world's biggest, most ground-breaking titles in the industry. Our portfolio includes Call of Duty® and Crash Bandicoot™.
Activision is a division of Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ: ATVI), headquartered in Santa Monica, California with locations across the globe. Activision Blizzard is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology, and entertainment. A member of the S&P 500 and recognized on the 2018 FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For® list, Activision Blizzard has operations throughout the world with approximately 10,000 employees and players in 196 countries.
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Back to top