Riggers / Technical Animator - Beenox - Applicant Bank
Beenox is a video game development studio created in 2000. Located in beautiful Quebec City, Canada, Beenox is a wholly owned subsidiary of Activision Publishing Inc., one of the world's top game developers.
As members of the Beenox family, we feel as if we're part of a group of like-minded people who are great to work with. Our studio is a real open world where it's easy to have discussions with everyone, including our studio co-heads. Here everyone brings their own unique touch to projects that showcase their talent on a global stage.
The studio is proud to contribute to the development of the Call of Duty and Crash Bandicoot video game franchises. Beenox has also contributed to the resounding success of the Skylanders, Spider-Man, and Guitar Hero franchises.
You could say that video games are in our blood!
- Be responsible creating rigs on multiple characters, skinning and ensure their proper functioning ;
- Ensure that all game content meet production technical standards as well as memory budgets and performance targets ;
- Investigate run-time performance and other time of technical issues to recommend optimal solutions ;
- Contribute to the development and improvement of tools and pipeline;
- Work alongside the animation team to understand their needs in order to develop efficient tools ;
- Work with programmers and other departments to implement animation features that bring characters to life in a flexible and efficient way.
- Diploma in 3D Animation or other diploma related to the video game industry;
- Experience in the video game industry or equivalent (asset);
- Good knowledge of Maya and/or 3DS Max;
- Excellent knowledge of anatomy;
- Ease at communicating and being part of a team;
- Prior significant experience with Motion Builder and Motion capture (asset);
- A knowledge of programming (MaxScript, MelScript, Python, C#, C++ or others);
- A knowledge of the 3D-related mathematics (matrix, vectors, etc.);
- Passion for video games.
Meet Some of Activision's Employees
Evan B.Motion Capture Producer
Evan delivers high quality body motion capture, face capture, audio, and character likeness assets that allow artists and animators to create lifelike graphics across all of Activision’s beloved franchises.
Back to top