Revenue Accounting Analyst
- Santa Monica, CA
Job Title:Revenue Accounting Analyst
Job Description:Job Title: Revenue Accounting Analyst
Reporting To: Sr. Manager, Revenue Recognition & Reporting
Department: Revenue Accounting, Finance
Location: Santa Monica, CA
Activision Blizzard plays a centralized role in the creation of epic entertainment by supporting our interactive gaming brands and studios with a diverse range of career opportunities across corporate functions such as Marketing, Communications, Legal, Human Resources, Finance and Supply Chain. Located in our global headquarters in Santa Monica, we encompass equal parts agility, creativity and rigor to enhance the employee and player experience. To learn more, check us out at www.activisionblizzard.com or on Twitter at @ATVI_AB.
The Revenue Accounting Analyst will primarily assist inperforming month-end revenue recognition tasks in accordance with US GAAP and ensuring compliance with company policies and SOX. The person will prepare journal entries, customer billings, and prepare monthly reconciliations of accounts receivable and various deferred revenue accounts. The position will also help to perform revenue-related analysis and assist with audit requests.
The position requires working closely with Corporate Accounting, Management Reporting, External Reporting, External Auditors, Business Units, and other financial teams in order to meet reporting deadlines. This person will be challenged to apply critical thinking and analytical skills along with disciplined project management experience to meet tight deadlines and evolving business needs.
This opportunity will appeal to someone who thrives in a fast paced, growing company.The ability to multi-task and think outside the box is a must for this position.The candidate must be able to work well independently as well as in a highly collaborative team environment.
Some tips to remember:
- Prepare routine and non-routine journal entries, allocations, and adjustments to ensure proper recognition of revenue in support of the period end close activities.
- Assist in accurately and timely booking and recognition of our digital and licensing revenues.
- Utilize tools such as Excel and Hyperion Essbase to allocate and summarize large volumes of data and propose monthly accruals and true ups.
- Prepare monthly payment gateway cash receipt journal entries and prepare related reconciliations.
- Prepare digital and licensing Oracle and Pro-Forma invoicing for both third and related parties.
- Complete general ledger reconciliations and follow-up on outstanding reconciling items.
- Assist in preparation and maintenance of schedules for all deferred licensing revenues.
- Assist in compiling presentation materials for internal management reporting.
- Maintain strong internal controls over revenue transactions and reporting. Support the external audit team to ensure all information is provided in a timely and accurate manner during quarterly reviews and annual audit.
- Participate in special projects as recommend and implement improved policies and procedures to ensure revenue and expenses are appropriately recorded.
- Assist with testing of upgrades and/or enhancements to global ERP system.
- Crosstrain on other revenue-related tasks.
- Other duties as assigned.
- B.A./B.S. in Accounting
- Minimum of 2 years of professional accounting
- Experience in revenue recognition a plus.
- Intermediate proficiency in Excel is required.
- Experience with Oracle eBusiness Suite, OBIEE Answers and/or Hyperion Essbase is a plus.
- Must possess strong analytical skills with ability to problem solve.
- Must be highly organized and able to deal with a high volume of data.
- Ability to work proactively and independently and with a team in a fast-paced, high growth environment.
- Must possess strong work ethic and willing to work extra hours and weekends during quarter-end and year-end closes in order to meet deadlines
Activision Blizzard, Inc. (NASDAQ: ATVI), is one of the world's largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies and is at the intersection of media, technology and entertainment. We are home to some of the most beloved entertainment franchises including Call of Duty ®, World of Warcraft® , Overwatch ®, Diablo ®, Candy Crush ™ and Bubble Witch ™. Our combined entertainment network delights hundreds of millions of monthly active users in 196 countries, making us the largest gaming network on the planet!
Our ability to build immersive and innovate worlds is only enhanced by diverse teams working in an inclusive environment. We aspire to have a culture where everyone can thrive in order to connect and engage the world through epic entertainment. We provide a suite of benefits that promote physical, emotional and financial well-being for 'Every World' - we've got our employees covered!
The videogame industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Back to top