Quality Assurance Manager
- Woodland Hills, CA
Job Title:Quality Assurance Manager
Job Description: Infinity Ward, developer ofCall of Duty: Modern Warfare, is looking for a talented and passionateQA Managerto join our high-caliber team. The QA Manager is responsible for overseeing the Infinity Ward QA Test team as well as for managing and supporting the QA leads and test team efforts, including but not limited to, creation and management of test plans, coordinating with the production and development team, and overseeing the entire test effort from beginning to end. The QA Manager works to ensure that builds are tested thoroughly and in line with best studio practices, as well as participates in overall department planning and policy making. This position also helps coordinate workflow and resource planning within the department, with an emphasis on people management and staff development.
- Continuously improve our industry leading embedded QA team.
- Drive the comprehensive nature and quality of all internal QA test plans.
- Increase the efficiency of QA on the title, through Automation and enhancing QA procedures.
- Collaborate with multiple external QA groups, across multiple time zones, to ensure sufficient QA coverage on all areas of the game.
- Generate reports that give visibility into the status of all of the games features.
- Represent QA in all project burndown meetings with studio leadership.
- Notify studio leadership of QA project risks and implements strategies to mitigate those risks.
Managing and Mentoring
- Oversee the test team to ensure rapid and accurate completion of assigned tasks.
- Actively evaluate tester performance and work closely with them to alleviate any issues that arise.
- Spearhead the training procedures for all levels of QA from tester to lead.
- Coordinate QA interviews and implement hiring processes that attain the highest quality testers.
- Collaborate with QA Leads to ensure all issues entered by the test teams include required information and conform to Infinity Ward QA standards.
- Review all disputed issues with QA Leads.
- Identify areas for improvement and collaborate with QA and Production teams to maintain a lean and accurate QA bug database.
- Administrative level of proficiency with Devtrack and Jira or similar bug tracking database.
- An expert in identifying defects in software titles, with a very strong knowledge of all areas of QA including TRG and Automation.
- Capacity to create and implement innovative testing procedures and materials.
- Strong working knowledge of most popular console platforms and related peripherals, PC Software/hardware, and Microsoft Office (Outlook, Word, Excel).
- Shipped at least two game titles, in a Quality Assurance management role on a AAA console video game.
- 10+ years of experience working in the game industry.
- Excellent written/spoken English.
- Strong leadership ability.
- Ability to handle high pressure situations and prioritize multiple tasks.
- Must possess excellent spoken and written communication skills and be able to work with varied staff members and personalities.
- Must be honest, punctual, and have a strong work ethic.
- Actively communicate a positive, outgoing approach to Quality Assurance. Ability to give and accept positive as well as negative feedback.
- Must be an avid gamer, with interests in many different genres of games and a passion for developing high quality games.
- A strong desire to learn and understand the technologies involved in game creation.
The Ideal Candidate Will Also Have
- Bachelor's degree in a Computer Science, Computer Games Technology, or a related field.
- Experience with profiling tools (PIX, Razor, Vtune).
- Experience with automation of AAA console video games.
Founded in 2002, Infinity Ward is the original studio behind the Call of Duty franchise. The titles developed by Infinity Ward have won over 200 "Game of the Year" awards and 100 "Editor's Choice" awards, among many other industry accolades. Some of our previous titles include: Call of Duty: Ghosts, Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare, and most recently, Call of Duty: Modern Warfare.Infinity Ward is located in Woodland Hills, California, just outside of Los Angeles.
A critically-acclaimed studio, Infinity Ward is proud to have one of the most passionate and accomplished development teams in the industry. We love to have as much fun as the games we create, and it shows in our relaxed, yet diligent workplace environment.
Infinity Ward is wholly owned by Activision Publishing, Inc. To learn more about our studio, please visit us athttps://www.infinityward.com/, on Facebook at https://www.facebook.com/InfinityWard/, and @InfinityWard on Twitter.
Infinity Ward is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Back to top